free website stats program Need advice | Harley Davidson Forums

Need advice

braddebs

I have chance to buy a '08 Nightster w/ 96ci screaming eagle kit installed by dealership, vance&hines short shots, forward controls, passenger foot pegs, 2 seats (stock and two-up), black&gray color.It has 2080mi. and a price of $9978.00 (pay off), the guy is trying to buy a house and needs to get rid of the bike, he says, he has over $15000 invested in it. What I need to know is it worth what he is asking?

my daddy used to say 'if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is'

sounds like a good deal.. check the paperwork real careful.
but what do you mean by 'pay off' ?

This is what he owes on the bike.

I don't know much about sportster bikes, and the guy that own the bike is a friend of mine and all he wants is pay off to get out from under the payment to get his debt ratio in check to be able to buy a house.

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt know such a motor was possible on a sporty better check on that or pass on the deal sounds like stretch of the imagination or mabe the top tube

96" Sportster? I think not. I could be led to believe that at the dyno the bike had 96Hp or 96 Ft lbs of torque, but 96"..No way.

I'll give the dealer the benefit of the doubt and say there was a misunderstanding with regard to the displacement of the engine.

This means that you have a sportster that someone claims they sunk (nice term Smitty) $15,000 in.

MSRP of a new 2009 black Nightster is $9899.00 - with warranty I might add.

If this is the bike you really want spend the $9978, but I suspect that the value of the bike is really about a grand less.

If the bike has had really serious motor modifications, who did it? Can they show you the receipts? Can you speak with the person that really did the work?

I'm with Smitty on this. In the end, it's really about what YOU want, but I would be careful.

Back