free website stats program need advice | Harley Davidson Forums

need advice

bigbubba402

Ok I picked up my 02 ultra last fall been having a ball with it since it is my first HD.Today i decided to do a major cleaning job so when i pulled off my right cover low and behold i found it has a power commander 111r.now i know it has a K&N air filter and the teck told me a few weeks ago that the exhaust is hd slip-ons i called the previous owner and he did not even know that this was on it.I have no paper work to go with the tuner i have been to their web site and can get the cable to hook it up to my computer and the software for it.my question is how can i tell what if anything else has been done?the person i bought it from does not know what dealer might have done anything to it so basicaly he is of no help.Thanks Bigbubba

That a tough one to answer. With no history available it would be hard to tell if any engine mods were performed. Possible if able to download power commander info it might give you some direction if more than a stage 1 has been down.

thanks dbmg i am ordering the cable tonight will go from there.One more dumb question is stage 1 just air cleaner or what? and what is involed with stage 2?

When I hook up my Power Commander, it will tell me what it's set-up for.
If I remember correctly (it's been a while) I think it gives you the download version programmed into the PC.

Then just look up the version on the Power Commander web site.

thanks dbmg i am ordering the cable tonight will go from there.One more dumb question is stage 1 just air cleaner or what? and what is involed with stage 2?
Stage 1 is A/C and mufflers, along with jet change in the carb.
Stage 2 is internal things in the engine. Costly.....

Back