free website stats program Need Advice on Completing Purchase | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Advice on Completing Purchase

I forgot to mention that the color isn't black even though it clearly says as much on website description. It's Black Cherry. I told the salesmen that it wasn't listed correctly. Oh its not? Let's take a lookie here. Oh sure nuff, its listed as black inst it. I drove 2 hours to look at this bike and its not even the right color. I'm not liking this process.

The web page also mentions that it's a normal 96" engine. Only the top line say it's the 103".
If they are that bothered about the write-up you can guess how bothered they will be about customer satisfaction.

The web page also mentions that it's a normal 96" engine. Only the top line say it's the 103".
If they are that bothered about the write-up you can guess how bothered they will be about customer satisfaction.

Yea I ran from that place fairly quickly. I will be crossing them off my list of potential sellers. Doesn't matter anyway, I bought from a private seller today. Sign the papers tomorrow morning.03 Road King Classic Paid 13k even for it, not too bad all in all.

Wow! That is a great looking bike. I love the white wall tires, they contrast nicely with the black paint.

You certainly scored with this one; it even has cruise control!

Enjoy your new bike!

I bought a Black '07 Road King Classic 2 weeks ago with 1163 miles on it also with $4800.00 worth of HD accesories already mounted for $15k. I think it was a petty good deal considering mileage and the amount of accessories and 3 months of warranty left.

2007RoadKingClassic.jpg

ProDayTrader, sharp looking bike. The most important end result is that you are happy with the bike and what you got for what you paid. I think you'll be happy with your purchase.

I bought a Black '07 Road King Classic 2 weeks ago with 1163 miles on it also with $4800.00 worth of HD accesories already mounted for $15k. I think it was a petty good deal considering mileage and the amount of accessories and 3 months of warranty left.

2007RoadKingClassic.jpg

You may have scored a better deal then I did. I think I have you beat on accessories and chrome, but you still have warranty and only 1k miles. That's killer. I looked at several 07's one had 9k miles they wanted 16k the other had 34k miles and they wanted 15k. That's a very sharp bike.

I ran into some difficulty with the financing towards the end of the deal. Several days back I pre-approved my loan which I thought was smart, but 10 minutes before the bank closed I got a call and they said, we are having a hard time appraising the bike. They couldn't get a value that came close enough to the 13k I was borrowing. I thought I was getting a great deal but the bank thought I was getting a bad deal. I assured her that this was a fantastic deal and that I would have paid at least 15k for this at the dealer. We worked it out in the end but it proved my earlier point that it is very difficult to appraise HD's for value. The prices vary greatly and even NADA fully admits that the price can be 10 to 30% higher given the accessories. How does a bank ever factor that into the equation? We worked it out in the end so all was well, but it had me worried for a little while.

Back