free website stats program Need Advice On 2009 Street Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Advice On 2009 Street Glide

gforce29

Looking to trade in my 06 Heritage Softail Classic for a 09 Street Glide. They want $20,199.00 total ( excluding extended warranty ) and $11,500.00 for my trade in. (blue book value is $10,200.00 ) . The dealer is also will allow me to take all the Willie G Skull chrome, about $800.00 worth of chrome off my Heritage and putting it on the Street Glide . My question, is this a good deal ? Thanks in advance for any help.

Looking to trade in my 06 Heritage Softail Classic for a 09 Street Glide. They want $20,199.00 total ( excluding extended warranty ) and $11,500.00 for my trade in. (blue book value is $10,200.00 ) . The dealer is also will allow me to take all the Willie G Skull chrome, about $800.00 worth of chrome off my Heritage and putting it on the Street Glide . My question, is this a good deal ? Thanks in advance for any help.

Dont like this deal. Youre taking a 10 grand hit on a 3 year old bike.NADA has your bike at $13500 and thats not considering the Willy G collection.

Maybe Im still living in the era where Harleys still held some of there value.

Last edited:

Just last week I bought an 09 Roadglide Orange with spoke wheels and security with passenger backrest already installed OTD @ $22,000 in California (extra emission $, high sales tax, and DMV fees). No trade in. There seemed to be a glut of used bikes on the lot. I felt like it was a good deal.

If you're happy, it's a good deal.

If you're happy, it's a good deal.
Lots of used bikes on the market!

If you sell your bike for the same price as they're offering on trade, I'll bet you could work a better deal. Be sure to consider any sales tax offset credit that would be affected by the trade-in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make certain that you buy a bike that will hold its value. Don't buy an odd color. Black is beautiful, safe for future value and always desireable.

If you haven't already done it, check with competing dealers locally or nearby

There are many dealers that will consider shipping your bike to you, so you can even check out of state.

If you sell your bike for the same price as they're offering on trade, I'll bet you could work a better deal. Be sure to consider any sales tax offset credit that would be affected by the trade-in.

do NOT flooding the thread with multiple reply, use EDIT or/and MULTI QUOTE button instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make certain that you buy a bike that will hold its value. Don't buy an odd color. Black is beautiful, safe for future value and always desireable.
[/note]

Pick an odd color for a better bargain... if you like it and plan to have it for a while. I know a few folks who got "great" deals on 08 copper tops (105th anniversay) then ordered new tins and/or took them for custom paint a few months later.

Black is beautiful, but being individual when lined up with a hundred bikes parked at a rally is nice too.
How many vivid black Street glides have you seen parked in row intermixed with black Electras and Ultras... too many IMHO. In Virginia City NV. last Sept @ Street Vibrations I saw a guy sit on anothers Electra and try to start it before he realized his was three bikes over.

Back