free website stats program need advice... best seat for two-up on 1200C??? | Harley Davidson Forums

need advice... best seat for two-up on 1200C???

dalekone

The wife just bought me a 2008 1200C for my birthday. I think I'll keep her.....the wife I mean. I find the stock seat uncomfortable and want to compare the touring seats for from Corbin, Mustang, HD or others. Can anyone who has already gone through this process share your experience? I will have a passenger occasionally, so I want a good long-distance two-up alternative. Is it practical to get a good solo saddle and a two-up and swap them out as needed? I'm 6 feet tall with a 32 inch inseam and at about 190 lbs, depending on the week's appetite and exercise habits.

Welcome DaleKone to HDTimeline...you'll find a whole lot of help here to make your ride better, more comfortable and answer those pesky technical questions that always seem to pop up.!

You may want to try LePera (also carried by HD)...they are a little more expensive, but there are 2-Up riders who swear by them. It offers comfort improvement for BOTH the rider (rear back support) and his co-rider (wider w/rise for support) but better with a padded sissybar...BTW a ROM estimate of your passenger size and weight would be nice, as it determines overall comfort and seating "envelop.", just asking...don't want trouble here! :D

Scary thought...the 2009 or 2008 HD Accessory (Chrome-aholics Bible) is a good reference to start...and it is free--a nice addition to your library, along with your introduction to what many call the Harley tax...not for the light of heart or wallet...:small3d036:

Last edited:
I had a Mustang on my 2007 Sporty and it was a vast improvement over the stock seat. Heck, from a passenger standpoint, glueing a piece of granite on the rear fender is an improvement over the stock seat! If you want to go that route, the solo/2 up seat swap is really quick but requires you to buy two nice, comfortable seats. Don't forget that a backrest is a must if you're carrying a passenger, for their safety and comfort. Get a quick release one so it'll be gone for your solo riding.

I had a mustang on an 04 UC. My wife did not like the way it sat. The passanger section was smaller than the stock seat. I did not notice that much difference. We put about 1200 miles on it over a weekend and sent it back. Mustang was excellent to deal with. They wanted to know the problem but did a full refund on the seat. This was dealing directly with Mustand not going through a dealer. I suppose that gives you the option of trying a Mustang seat. Corbin does not refund period. they will attempt to fix the seat for you but will charge you if they have to redo the cover. Got some friends that really like them though. I ride a stock seat on my 08 now and like it.

I gotta go with RichardS on that. Sportty is a great around town blaster but I like sitting behind the windshield and starting on that third tank of fuel for the day. The FL's just handle the miles and the passangers a lot better. That is one great wife you have though. Mine got me my first Ultra for our 25th anniversy. I am keeping her also.

WOW!!! What wives you guys have!!! I'm showing this post to Cathy....maybe I'll get that yellow CVO Road Glide after all! (yea, right!) :D

I may have forgotten to mention the jewlery for chrome thing my wife has going. You think the candy store is high, Try Tiffany!

Hailing from the Northeast,a 1000 miles in 1 day seems improbable if not impossible.Anyone from the area would probably agree

I did back to back 1000 mile days to go from IA to Maple Shade NJ and back.

Had a good nights sleep in NJ too.

Ah,Maple Shade,I know it well.Next time you're in the area,give a shout.I'm about 20 miles south of there on Rt.73.Would like to meet you

Back