free website stats program Need A Wire spoke. | Harley Davidson Forums

Need A Wire spoke.

Randall K. Wilson

I have one broken wire spoke on my 2003 Roadking.:( The HD shop only sells spokes in complete sets 138.00 or there abouts. Where can I go "online" and buy a spoke or two. Please respond.

I have one broken wire spoke on my 2003 Roadking.:( The HD shop only sells spokes in complete sets 138.00 or there abouts. Where can I go "online" and buy a spoke or two. Please respond.

If you can identify the length and size my friend has some new spokes. I would be happy to send you a couple. :small3d036:

The link may help. Buchanan has been in business for a long time. I don't know if they sell individual spokes. Be aware that replacing 1 spoke is not simple. You can't just slip it in. Several adjoining spokes have to be undone and folded to allow the new one in position. There's also many different spokes according to hub style, inner, outer, left and right and different degree on the bend.Buchanan Spokes - Harley Davidson

Last edited:
The link may help. Buchanan has been in business for a long time. I don't know if they sell individual spokes. Be aware that replacing 1 spoke is not simple. You can't just slip it in. Several adjoining spokes have to be undone and folded to allow the new one in position. There's also many different spokes according to hub style, inner, outer, left and right and different degree on the bend.Buchanan Spokes - Harley Davidson

Thanks...in the meantime I talked to my Indy Mechanic and he explained a whole lot about spokes to me that I had not a clue. Probably going to just replace the wheel. *moments of learning*. :s

Ahhh Harry to the rescue, actually not a bad idea...they also have some "fancy" spoke kits for those who like a "twist" or two...!:D

Randall, Sounds like a good oportunity to put on some Custom Wheels !! :D

Harry your advice is sage...but...I found a lovely set of HD laced spoke wheels off of a 2007 Roadking...front and rear with good tires for $250.00:breakdance for both...hence I am going to bag those and move on down the road. Since my motiff for both of my machines is "nostalgic"...I must run with laced spoke wheels, seems most fitting at any rate. :)

Sounds like a very good deal, less cost than 1-"Custom", and you're correct the bike looks great w/wire wheels. (Advice)... I'm sure you will anyway, but check the wheel bearings before you remount, especially if they've set for awhile...

Sounds like a very good deal, less cost than 1-"Custom", and you're correct the bike looks great w/wire wheels. (Advice)... I'm sure you will anyway, but check the wheel bearings before you remount, especially if they've set for awhile...

Great advice...thanks for watching my "back"...rkw:)

Back