free website stats program Need a replacement carb... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need a replacement carb...

some thread sealant on the threads of the machine screw should make it air tight

View attachment 9487

Brian

Gonna give it a try as soon as I can. We'll see. I was just looking... there's a channel that goes down from the choke valve toward the float or the barrel (not sure just yet). I never used the choke, so plugging that up may not hurt anything. If it works, then great, I can get back to riding.

I have recently replaced my card for a Mikuni 42MM on my 02 Fatty...Love it. But I still have my stock carb and several other stock parts. If you interested drop me a line and we can work something out. BJcksnJr at yahoo.com

I have recently replaced my card for a Mikuni 42MM on my 02 Fatty...Love it. But I still have my stock carb and several other stock parts. If you interested drop me a line and we can work something out. BJcksnJr at yahoo.com

Aw man... I've been working nights the last couple of weeks so haven't been online much. Went ahead and ordered one because the "screw-mod" wasn't going to work.

Welcome to the HDT community BJcksnJR and your first post. And thank you for offering to help out a fellow rider. This is the reason why H-D riders are so well received by those "--in the know"! :bigsmiley12:

I have a stock carb from my 97 heritage. Don't know if it is the same as a 2002. message me if your interested.

I have a stock carb from my 97 heritage. Don't know if it is the same as a 2002. message me if your interested.

Thanks for the offer... my replacement had already shown up before I saw your post.

Sorry for the late response. Had a family emergency that we had to deal with.

Back