free website stats program Need a "quiet" muffler | Harley Davidson Forums

Need a "quiet" muffler

Cory

Long story short, my father bought an 08 883C used and it already had a stage 1 upgrade with Rush slip ons. We can't tell if there's a baffle or not (there seems to be in my opinion as I see what look to be "spring like" items in a vortex shape inside the mufflers.)

if it DOESN'T have baffles, great, we'll get the 1.5s and put them back onto his custom and it should reduce the sound immenesley..? If it DOES then we need to find a quieter (considerably quieter) muffler. You see, my father believes the pipes to be too loud. We swapped my stock 883 pipes onto his already Stage 1'd 883C. Now the HD techs have told us that while it's not "that" bad for MY 883 to have the rush's it's very bad for my dad to be riding the last few days with the stock ones. :small3d023:

The HD techs said they couldn't reverse the ECU programming back to stock, (which makes sense since it still has the air cleaner) but at this point we need to do SOMETHING so he can ride it again.

Any takers/recommendations?

If you replace the stage 1 on dads bike back to stock they can reprogram the ECM back to stock then with no problems.

Being the factory fuel map is so lean, dads bike will suffer no loss other than a bit richer than stock running with the stage 1 download. It may even run good with it.

If you replace the stage 1 on dads bike back to stock they can reprogram the ECM back to stock then with no problems.

Being the factory fuel map is so lean, dads bike will suffer no loss other than a bit richer than stock running with the stage 1 download. It may even run good with it.

so what you're saying is that if the stage 1 stays on, with the stock pipes, no harm no foul?

Stage 1 air cleaner with the stock pipes no problem. You no doubt have the stage 1 download as well which is richer than the factory download.

that's what I thought... but I couldn't ever get a straight answer from a tech.

Thank goodness for honest strangers on the internet! :)

Back