Need a little insight on a product

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by bluefilhd, Feb 28, 2014.

1. bluefilhd

bluefilhd Member

A buddy of mine just bought his first Harley, 2000 heritage. His wife is not used to riding but enjoys it. She has asked if he'd get the "Butty Buddy" for her seat. So, does anyone have one? What do you think of it? Any suggested alternatives? Thanks for the help, always a lot of great info from this group.
    [​IMG]

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I have no direct experience with Butty Buddy seats. I have read some reports both pro and con. What I do know is that a comfort item suggested by a passenger (esp. a wife) almost always helps. They feel listed to, and like the product because it is their addition to the bike. The good old adage, "Happy wife, happy life".

3. hillbilly81

hillbilly81 Active Member

My friend loves his butt buddy but I prefer the airhawk probably both pretty good

4. bluefilhd

bluefilhd Member

Nice. I'll pass the information along and direct him to the forum also I know I am glad I found it.

5. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

6. HDSickness

HDSickness Banned

This just sounds sooo wrong.......

7. hillbilly81

hillbilly81 Active Member

It does sound wrong...that is why I go with the airhawk

8. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Reading some of the online reviews about this product would make me have second thoughts. Some of the reviews concern the safety of something not attached to the bike that can come off if the passenger stands at stops or the bike hits something large enough to unseat the passenger. One reviewer said his passenger actually fell off the bike because the Butty Buddy came off while riding. I would spend the extra $$ and get a seat with a larger passenger area.

9. glazier

glazier Junior Member

Or a passenger with a smaller, uh.... well..... you know :s

10. pjciii

pjciii Member

how does she know about the butt buddy if she is not used to riding? :33: