free website stats program Need a Little Help Fine Tuning PCIII | Harley Davidson Forums

Need a Little Help Fine Tuning PCIII

snowisgr8

I have a 2003 FLHT with V&H Dresser Dual headpipes, Rush w/2" baffles and stage 1 a/c with stock ECM. I am running map#807-033 seems to be the closest. I have a backfire at 2000 rpm with 0% throttle. It drops down until 2k and then pop! If I give it very slight throttle it lessens or eliminates it.
I am told I can tune the decel and after trying a couple different maps I have found this one to be ALMOST perfect.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hey Snowisgr8, I don't know if this will help, but you can tweek the map you are using by increasing or decreasing fuel with the 3 buttons on the face of the PCIII. There is low, midrange and high rpm's. It will increase or decrease in 5% increments. I think you would want to increase it at low 5% and see how that works. You can play around with it and if you don't like it you can always remove the changes and you will be back to the original map setting. Hoghunter

The buttons affect more cells than you want to work on the decel pop. If you have the abillity to get into the Pc111 with your computer, just add 10 to the 0% throttle column from 1500rpms to 6000rpms. What this does is change the amount of fuel left over in your exhaust to a point of air to fuel relationship were it will not combust. Hence, no decel pop. If you still get any pop anywhere, add 10 more. Just my 2 cents- stay away from the buttons. If you did, adjust any buttons, re-install the map and that will automatically reset the low-med-high buttons.

Before you ggo and adjust the PC III, you might want to get NEW exhaust clamps and re-install your slip-ons to the correct torque. The reason I say this is, I had a simular problem with my PC-V so I called Jamie at Fuelmoto. He told me to change the exhaust clamps and since then, I have not had a backfire.

I have checked the muffler clamps already...Thank you for the info though. I was told exaust leaks can cause it so I put a brand new set of clamps I had on. I am going to try adding 10 on the 0% throttle range like suggested. I have this thread on another site also and got the same suggestion.
As soon as I get around to hooking up the laptop, I will post the results.
Thank you for any and all suggestions!

Where are you from? I see we both pay the extra taxes to stay in this state...the state of confusion!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back