free website stats program Need a little guidance, Radio question??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Need a little guidance, Radio question???

gsxrboy96

Ok, just bought my first touring bike, 96 electra glide, its a standard with no raido, but is has the switches on the bars, What is the most economic way to put a radio in this bike, and use the standard harley switches, I am pretty saavy, and dont mind doing major wiring. thanks chad.

So i could go to my local stereo shop, and get, say a pionner that uses remote switches and just follow the two wiring diagrams? Also, is the inner fairing ready for speakers, or will i have to cut and drill? thanks again.

There are a fair number of motorcycle salvage yards ,look up one of them ,or go on E-bay from one or the other you should be able to find one with the plugs to wire in.I for one wouldn't want to be without my handlebar controls! Spoiled:D

To follow along with this theme, anyone have pros/cons with having XM installed? Merry Christmas all!:small3d017:

I have XM on my bike but it operates thru a Garmin Zumo 550. The receiver antenna is mounted on a plate behind the Zumo mount.

This setup was origionally on my 07 Road King, with J&M amplified handlebar speakers.

I am considering changing to the H-D XM accessory but what I have works fine. I like local radio but on trips XM is the way to go.

Back