free website stats program Need a little advice. | Harley Davidson Forums

Need a little advice.

It's been two days now since i removed the cat from my bike and now i'm noticing little changes to the way the bike is responding. The bike is stock including the headers....just the cat was removed. Anyways it seems to be confused when i first start off driving it and then it seems to correct itself after a while. It will lug some in the beginning and act like it's not getting any fuel. When up to speed..say 55 to 60 mph it will sometimes surge for a better word but overall it will smooth out after a few miles. I'm guessing it's my ECU trying to figure out what's going on with the change to the bike. My question is...will the bike keep doing this everytime i start her up or will it eventually adjust itself and stay that way to compensate for the change? Thoughts anyone?:D

The programming in your ECM is a constant. By removing the cat from the system, you effectively increased flow.

IMO If you have no mods to the bike and no problems from the modification like a leak etc, you would be very pleased with the addition of a TFI to add some fuel. It may be that the additional flow has leaned out an already lean mixture and this could be causing the problem you are having.

TFI Tuner From Dobeck Discounted (NEW OFFER) - Harley Davidson Community

Hey Glider,
I already emailed dobeck for some information about their units. I checked for a possible leak where the headers connect to the cylinders but i couldn't really tell. Seemed okay to me.

Back