free website stats program Need a fix...for air reservoir handle bars! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need a fix...for air reservoir handle bars!

My brother has an older Electra Glide with the air reservoir in the handle bars, My question is what are people doing with these if you want to change bars? :33: Any sugestions would be greatly apreciated, Thanx fellas.

I went to the chubby handlebars on my trike. But I wanted to keep my front airshocks. I picked up a engine guard ( crash bars ) with the air reservoir. I think their on the 1980's models. Works fine.

zoood

:D
My brother has an older Electra Glide with the air reservoir in the handle bars, My question is what are people doing with these if you want to change bars? :33: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks fellas.

Küryakyn ISO grips are advertised as compatible with handlebars used as air reservoirs. That said, selection of a compatible BAR requires a bit of research and forethought...air under pressure can escape from any microscopic opening so I would use caution here...JMO :33:

Glider's and Zood's approach is unique and certainly sound, given the welded bar or engine guards sealed tube approach...if you have good mechanical skills...! :D

Last edited:
the crash bar air set up being lower than handlebar oil may pool in there from forks i think that happened reasoned hd moved to handlebars...

A Harley tech friend told me years ago u can drill and tap your fork caps and install schrader valves doing away with the resivoir bars or tanks

Jack's approach is like many metric touring bikes...they use a crossover Y tube affair to link the two forks so pressure is even to both sides. You might find aftermarket caps made for that purpose for your forks...good choice if your going to be serviceing them or replacing the fork oil anytime soon. Did that situp on my old brand Y touring bike...just be careful to not use too much air pressure as the air reservoir volume is quite small. :D

Thanx for all your suggestions fellas,we decided to just drill a hole in the inner fairing where we installed a valve stem with the other end attached to the anti-dive selanoid. This should work fine. But man what an adventure the whole handlebar change thing was, we decided to extend the wires for the controls ourselves and it was a tedious proccess. :newsmile082: Again thanx for all your suggestions, this is a great forum! :cheers

Back