free website stats program Need a fix...for air reservoir handle bars! | Harley Davidson Forums

Need a fix...for air reservoir handle bars!

hogrotten

My brother has an older Electra Glide with the air reservoir in the handle bars, My question is what are people doing with these if you want to change bars? :33: Any sugestions would be greatly apreciated, Thanx fellas.

You can cap the system at the top of the forks or do away with it completely if you don't use it. You may find bars for that system if you need a replacement to keep the system operating.

Thanx for the input Glider, I think he wants to keep the system operable so I'm going to look at it when we change the bars to see what changes can be made. I was hopeing someone had already had exprienced this delima!

It's a sealed bar setup used on the front air assist. I can't see why you couldn't modify the bars you want to use to keep the system in place.

Yeah it would be cool if I could find like an old gas charged shock canister or maybe something simular to mount under the fairing, then make the hose accesable from the outside. Anyways I've got some time to noodle it, he still hasn't decided on a set of bars yet.
Thanx for the feedback Glider.

That looks like it could work, I just don't want to have to add a bunch of luggage on the bike. How were you thinking of sealing the bars glider ? If I cap them off I was just worried about possible seal damage or ? But I'm open for Ideas cuz I want to do some mods on the ole beater..

How were you thinking of sealing the bars glider ?
If you look at the stock bars it's no more than a plug that is welded in the end of the bar and the connection for the air line to them from the anti dive valve.

Are you maybe looking for something like this?
RANCHO Shocks - RS9000XL
The remote reservoir can be purchased separately. Well Thx Steve but I called the deraler and It seems those canisters are sold with the shock. They said you cand remove them off the shock any way. I do apreciate the help though. Glider I also wanna thank you for youre help. I dont know If I want to weld the bars as I would have to rechrome them and chrome is the look I want. I used to be a Truck Driver and you know how we fell about chrome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back