free website stats program need 6 speed help! | Harley Davidson Forums

need 6 speed help!

chopper02

I've got a Revtech LSD 6 speed with over 56,000 miles on 'er & no complaints till last Friday. While gettin on the hiway - goin' thru the gears - I got into 5th & heard a slight snap. Oops, it wouldn't go ta 6th. No clutch disengagement. I went the rest of the way ta work with no clutch. Thought it was the cable. No, cable is fine. Upon closer inspection at home, I can move the clutch basket in & out 'bout 1/4" while the other end of the shaft doesn't move. Any idea's were ta start. I built my bike myself so I know my way 'round tolls but have never messed with a tranz. Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clutch hub is O.K. The output shaft moves in & out, only on the drive side. I don't feel that's right. Lookin fer info on parts diagram. Look's like I get a crash course in tranz work.

This may sound funny but,did you check your clutch hub nut to see if it was loose? Or did I not see that in your post.If you have the tranny cover off the right side then spin the clutch and see if the shaft is turning on the right side.Shaft may have broken.

Back