free website stats program Near heart attack! | Harley Davidson Forums

Near heart attack!

RSQCAL

Went to the Doctor on Wednesday because of a burning in my chest when I workout that has been nagging me for the last couple weeks, was actually pushed into it by the wife. The burning was actually under my collar bones and into my shoulders. I've upped my workout to include 300 pushups every other day and figured I'd just over done it a little.
The Doctor put me on a stress test on Thursday. By that evening 6:30 I was called by the Cardiologist and told I had an appointment for a Cath at 8:00 AM the next morning. By 10:00 AM I was found to have a 90% blockage in an Artery and recieved 2 stints. I was told I was days away from a heart attack.
I haven't been to a doctor in 18 years for anything except a few stitches, used to brag about this as I believed I was in pretty good shape for my age. Spent 20 yrs in the military the last 11 in Special Forces and have kept myself pretty active since.
I'm living proof that everyone should get there Cholestrol checked regularly, and have a physical. Things could have been much worse, I was lucky. I'm even back at work today! Things could have been a lot better if I had realized were my cholestrol levels were at and delt with them a lot sooner.
FEELING GOOD DON'T ALWAYS MAKE IT GOOD!

First Off,,,, Thanks for your service...

Glad you came out Good... My older bro just had 90% corrected the same way with one stint.

Live to the fullest as we know it won't last forever.

Now get out on that bike and Ride...:bigsmiley12:

300 push-ups would be several Big Type-O's for me:D

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks for sharing your story and I'm glad you're OK.

Just another testimony for why everyone should get an annual once over, including blood work, even if they feel fine.

I was the same way, never went to the doc unless I was sick for many years. Course that used to be the way for everyone. Now that I'm old :D I have many more problems and seem to spend more time at different docs and doing anything else.

Glad it worked out for ya, maybe your message will help someone else from going through the same thing.

military offers annual check-ups , fisicals, and i can't understand why you haven't been to the dr. in such a long time? BUT god was watchin out for ya. good luck in the future.

Glad to hearyou caught that in time! I had a stent put in four years ago. I was only 51 been doing fine since. makes you realize how important every day is!

Good news you are going to be OK, Thank you for your service, and thanks for posting your ordeal, some thing we all take for granted

Great to hear you are OK! Just goes to show you that none of us are guaranteed tomorrow! Due to my profession, I have to have a physical every year and so far everything is good, however, if I did (or tried) to do 300 push ups....I would definately have a Heart Attack!!!!

Congrats and stay healthy!

Back