free website stats program Navigation Interface | Harley Davidson Forums

Navigation Interface

Scrounger

Does anyone know if the kit below will work with a non-Harley branded Zumo 665? I have the 665 and want to use the interface kit. I would think that it would be the same since the kit looks like it just plugs into the audio out on the Zumo wiring.

Road Tech™ Navigation Interface Module

Available exclusively for Harley-Davidson® Road Tech™ zumo Navigation Systems. The Navigation Interface Module will provide an integrated link between the fairing-mounted Advanced Audio Radio and a Road Tech™ zumo 660 or 665 GPS Navigator. When linked, the music volume will automatically drop when a GPS spoken command is detected, allowing you to hear the command through the radio speakers or the 7-pin communications-style headset. The module attaches directly to the radio, is concealed within the fairing, and does not require connection to the "AUX" input on the radio faceplate, allowing you to listen to a portable music device through your auxiliary input. Kit includes adaptor cable that permits stereo sound from the Zumo's internal MP3 player or XM® Radio.

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '06-later Touring models equipped with the Advanced Audio system and a Road Tech™ zumo 660 GPS Navigator P/N 92115-09 or Road Tech™ zumo 665 GPS Navigator P/N 76000014. '06-later FLHX, FLTR, FLTRX, and FLHTC models and those not equipped with Wiring Harness P/N 70169-06 require the separate purchase of Connector Kit P/N 69200033. Does not fit with Advanced Audio Hands Free Cell Phone Kit P/N 76408-06.

MSRP US $149.95

Was talking to Garmin technical support and the non-Harley specific Zumo will not work with the navigation interface kit. No explanation as to why, just that it wont work. Must be a SW change to the HD Roadtech version or something.

I am just finisihng ordering a 2011 Ultra Limited and want to install the HD navigation interface module. I would prefer not to buy the Garmin Road Tech from HD. I can save over $200 if I buy the GARMIN 665. Are they still not interacting?

Ride Safe

I am just finisihng ordering a 2011 Ultra Limited and want to install the HD navigation interface module. I would prefer not to buy the Garmin Road Tech from HD. I can save over $200 if I buy the GARMIN 665. Are they still not interacting?

Ride Safe

Still wont work, tried it a few times and the firmware is definitely preventing this. Its should be a priority hack if you ask me. :)

Hello all I have a 2010 Ultra limited and I bought the HD Zumo 665 with the interface cable. I have been to the dealer 3 times to try and get this working. I just got back and now I have a cable coming from out of the right handlebar/fairing area and into my AUX port. This does not seem right to me. The unit still swithces between phone and xm volume and now I can't turn of the turn by turn directions without muting the XM radio. A lot of other issues too. Has anyone got this Zumo wired correctly with the interface cable module?

Getting ready to install one. Per instructions.
Available exclusively for Harley-Davidson® Road Tech™ zumo Navigation Systems. The Navigation Interface Module will provide an integrated link between the fairing-mounted Advanced Audio Radio and a Road Tech™ zumo 660 or 665 GPS Navigator. When linked, the music volume will automatically drop when a GPS spoken command is detected, allowing you to hear the command through the radio speakers or the 7-pin communications-style headset. The module attaches directly to the radio, is concealed within the fairing, and does not require connection to the "AUX" input on the radio faceplate, allowing you to listen to a portable music device through your auxiliary input. Kit includes adaptor cable that permits stereo sound from the zu¯mo's internal MP3 player or XM® Radio.

The instructions say if you plan to play (MP3 or XM) you need to use Y- harness cable connect to the aux port. Also on another forum someone said you could open up your radio and do another aux port out the rear and wire inside the fairing.

Hi Guys,
Quick question for you please as I am a bit lost. Is the ONLY reason to go through HD for buying the Garmin unit & harness + install.. is to hear the turn by turn instructions through the speakers ?. Yes, radio will lower volume etc.. but is that it ?.

Not sure how much it is in the States.. But in Montreal if you buy the Gramin + Module + Install at dealer... its an insane cost.

Lastly.. I saw a few folks mentioning XM. Is that also done through an HD module.. or did you guys just purchase at bestbuy and install yorself. The XM module in MOntreal alone is $650.

Thanks

I purchased the Zumo 665 from Garmin, the command module from HD. This did not work. I ended up having to buy the HD Road Tech 665 to get the command module working.

Still have problems. Not sure what the dealer did on install but I get no XM reception. I am waiting for dealer to respond.

The navigator voice does work as indicated. However to get mp3 files through the media player you still need to plug into the Aux input port.

I am not really satisfied with the lack of documentation. Also it appears the dealership service personnel has no more documentation, knowledge or training on this than the customer.

No good support. Not satisfied with service.

Please let me know if you know work arounds.

Back