free website stats program National Cycle Flyscreen On A Superglide | Harley Davidson Forums

National Cycle Flyscreen On A Superglide

Selection of the "right" windscreen is a personal thing...but height is the most important part of the deal to be sure. Since the standard HD "test rider" is just under 6' plan your sight horizon accordingly. I usually err on the short side, as it is easier to "tuck in" a bit rather than look over the top.

The guys at the shop told me you should just see over the top, maybe an inch or two. I was leary about this but that's the way I set mine up. It is just right, the wind hits just above the eyes. Call me crazy if you want, a lot of folks do, but I notice that there seems to be a bubble of still air in this spot. I hope your wearing goggles, you got two only two eyeballs and don't want to lose them! Good luck.

I'm not sure where you are located at, but it seams that everywhere I have ridden it has been a law that you have to have "eye protection" (read glasses/ goggles) while riding.
I have four windshields and don't really care for any of them!

I dont ride without a shield, but I like to just see just over it and not through it, especially at night, I had to customize mine myself I cut it down about an inch and a half, the standard RK shield was a little too high for me and the shortened version was too low. :rider

Does anyone have this screen on their bike?How much wind protection/deflection does it give? I get wind in my eyes, which makes them water terribly, and just want something that will keep the wind off my face.

National Cycle, Inc. | Online Catalog | Flyscreen

hd4evr: Recommend you look in the self-help postings, or do a search on HDTimeline for windshield info. b/c there are quite a few posts/threads on this topic - some w/measurement guidance.

IMO, the "flyscreen" you listed is "eye candy" & would do very little wind deflection (i.e. bike ornament). Best to take your bike, riding height & taste(s) decide what screen's best for you & your riding style. For s Dyna SG - recommend you go w/something that has "quick-connect" so it can be easily removed for the days you want the wind in your face. Some of the responses are dialing-in w/the height - just do a little research & you'll find the right product.

Thanks guys! I really don't like the looks of a windshield which is why I thought maybe this flyscreen would provide the protection I need and still be not so noticeable.I like the wind in my face, just not my eyes! :s

Back