free website stats program Natchez Trace Today | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Natchez Trace Today

This morning we looked out the hotel window and skies were clear. There was some fog in the area, but NO RAIN or clouds. There was frost on the bikes though. We got a leisurely start and walked next door from our hotel to Cool Springs HD. Then we headed down I65 to Columbia to that dealership. I especially liked the folks there. VERY easy going and friendly and helpful. Back on the bikes we ran over to the Amish area of Lawrenceburg where we ate a wonderful buffet lunch at the David (Davey) Crockett state park. The drive through the park to the restaurant was fun and pretty itself. After lunch, it was time to haul tail on down the road as we were behind schedule, as usual. It was a really nice ride to Savannah and on down across Pickwick Dam. We followed 57 to 142 and on down to Corinth, MS. That was really a fun bunch of curves. After that, we were on 72 over to Southaven, a boring 4 lane stretch, but just what we needed to make up time. We are about to walk next door to the Outback Steakhouse for a good meal before crashing for the night. I really appreciate the interest, comments, and well wishes. Your prayers for safe riding mean the world to us.

WAP.gif

Here are a few more shots from the trip: Chad's Family Restaurant in Collinwood, Tn., just off the Trace; one shot heading along the Trace in Tn.; and a couple of shots at Metal Ford on the Trace where we paused to look around.

WAP.gif

Flipper,I am in Tupelo now,sorry I missed you.I am running a couple days behind schedule.
The fall colours truly are beautiful!

I sure do wish we could have met along the way Steve. It's probably good that you are running behind and missing that bad weather. Hope the rest of your journey is safe and enjoyable. We got home about 4pm yesterday. It was so good to get home and just in time since I started getting sick about 90 miles away. Trying to get some rest today and organize photos and videos from the trip. :small3d035:

Back