free website stats program Natchez Trace Today | Harley Davidson Forums

Natchez Trace Today

flipper

Account Removed
We left out this afternoon despite the forecast of rain and cold. We ran into some showers a half mile from Jeff Busby state park. As luck would have it, there was shelter at the park where we could leisurely put on those rain suits. More luck, there was no heavy rain. We have settled into our warm room in Tupelo after a great meal at Outback. These photos don't do the foliage justice. I wasn't prepared for such blazing beauty this far south. Hope this does right. Things are different on an iPad.

WAP.gif

I'd bet the foliage is really something to see in person. The photos show the colors just fine but I'm sure being there would be much better. Enjoy your trip and I hope the weather is good for the rest of it.

i always look forward to your photos Flipper your do a great job of composure. once again great job looking forward to more...

oh if you ever get to Florid could you give Jack a few pointers,,, like how to turn it on :rofl:rofl

Good for you and glad you enjoyed yourselves.
The rain up north here has already taken care of the leaves. To bad...

Well, so much for no rain. We awoke to it this morning. Bikes are getting rinsed. Luckily we're in no hurry and it should be winding down before long. You know, this could have been a trip with perfect weather and everything else, but sometimes you just need days like this not only to help you learn to cope with adverse conditions, but to make the journey more adventurous. Thanks for the well wishes. Maybe I'll have more photos tonight.
WAP.gif

Today was truly an adventure. Cloudy, windy, and cold the entire day. Unbelievable foliage! I will probably see orange, yellow, rust, and red trees when I close my eyes tonight. I wouldn't have missed this for the world. Deer, turkeys....... We stopped on the north side of the double arch bridge and walked down the walkway to take pictures. When we came back to the bikes, there were several adult Asians swarming around the bikes, looking them over and taking pictures of them. They didn't speak English, but it was obvious they liked them. We got one little lady to sit on David's for a picture. Great day we had and are settled in at our hotel for a chilly night.

WAP.gif

once again... love your photos... sounds like you had a great time and continuing to have...can't type any more...gota go bug Jack on another thread..:D

Glad you are having a good time... Sure wish the weather had been better, this rain come up from out of no where!

Keep up the pics!

Great pictures of the foilage and the waterfall. Sorry about the rain but, sounds like it isn't dampering the good time you're having. Have fun and ride safe. :)

Back