free website stats program Naming your bike | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Naming your bike

mine is called DIRTY, ive only washed it 2 times in 12 months even though its my only transport. cleaning time is riding time , although i regulary go over the dirty thing every week. i luv it to death.

07 Heritage is STELLA. don't ask how the name came about. we were going out the door with her and my wife said she looks like a STELLA, and the name stuck. Everyone around the house calls her by her name and not the "bike" or the "harley" but she is spoiled too....

I name everything. Every automobile, bicycle, truck, tractor and motorcycle has a name. I was raised by my grandparents who were raised in the depression. I think the naming of mechanical transportation was a throwback to owning horses or maybe it was a way to signifiy, "ownership."
I have a grandson who lived with me from birth to 2 years old. We bonded. He had a word that he used to signify "go for it!" or, "I'm gonna do it!" or, "look poppi, I did it!" That word is hedapi. I'm not sure how to spell it, but it sounds like; "head up high," spoken fast.
When I brought home the lowrider, he was wating on the porch. His big blue eyes lit up and he screamed, "hedapi!" So hedapi it was.
He hasn't seen the new bike. It's an ultra classic. I'd like to call it hedapi as well, However, Topanga comes to mind because she is so beautiful! Maybe, Hedapi will be Topanga's last name.:bigsmiley16: Forgive my longwindedness

Most bikes I've named. The names have always just come to me. I can't seem to come up with one that fit my Heritage.

Back