free website stats program nagging problem | Harley Davidson Forums

nagging problem

howo

i wish one day something would just break on one of my bikes !!!!!!!! then perhaps the garage could finaly fix something for there pay.....temping fate lol

Okies moan over.......

Spent all summer tying to figure out a fueling prob and finaly had the piggy back fueler replaced which solved that prob.. now have another..

engine runs fine except when slowly decelerating down from 3000 or below.
then it feels like i'm jerking the throttle slightly open the slighty closed.
dosent happen all ways but enough to know there's somit not right. feels a bit unhappy cursing below 2500 as well. pick up is a bit un predictable. The mech,s ofc just blat around the block and say alls well (as usual)
Anyone had anything similar ?
2010 road king classic with fuel pak , monster ovals and SE heavy breather..

It is probably the fuel pak. Mine does the exact same thing. Feel like you are in and out of the throttle. I talked with V&H about it two years ago, and they said it was normal. I recommend you call them for an explanation.

It is probably the fuel pak. Mine does the exact same thing. Feel like you are in and out of the throttle. I talked with V&H about it two years ago, and they said it was normal. I recommend you call them for an explanation.

thanks for repy... so another fueler problem......man am i unlucky or what !!!!
the fueler i had to replace was a doebeck which was supplied in england by KiTech which seem to have gone under. So i have a VH fuel pack which also seems to be unhappy rofl . well you gotta laugh i guess.
The joys of upgrades ?
Bit unsettling decelerating and accelerating then decel accel not sure i wanna live with it
did they solve it for you or they all do it m8 ? ( standard reply to faulty factory products)

I think they all do it. I am living with it. It usually only descending a grade under partial throttle. It doesn't bother me much any more.

I can't say that I have noticed anthing like what you describe with mine. 2009 FLHTCU, V&H Fuelpak, Monster Ovals. Mine is pretty smooth throughout the RPM range.

Back