free website stats program N,Ireland or S,Ireland members | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

N,Ireland or S,Ireland members

Hi guys, thanks for all the nice comment about my bikes, Irish Wolf's Dyna is nice too, that's what my best friend ride back home. And M's Fat Bob, well... I haven't seen it but simplicity is beauty and I like that model. All the best to you guys also, may we all have good health and prosperity in this new year to enjoy our bikes. And M'one you do have a wicked sense of humor, that's why I love this country:cheers And hello to Kirwajo, welcome to the forum.

Quick question, do you guys work on your bike or you take it down to the local dealership?

Hi guys, thanks for all the nice comment about my bikes, Irish Wolf's Dyna is nice too, that's what my best friend ride back home. And M's Fat Bob, well... I haven't seen it but simplicity is beauty and I like that model. All the best to you guys also, may we all have good health and prosperity in this new year to enjoy our bikes. And M'one you do have a wicked sense of humor, that's why I love this country:cheers And hello to Kirwajo, welcome to the forum.

Quick question, do you guys work on your bike or you take it down to the local dealership?

Shovelhd glad you have a good sense of humour, you'll need it living here:s. I normally do all my own work on my bikes but the Fat Bob is the first new bike I've ever owned so not sure what to do yet, never really liked handing anything back to a dealer as you never really know if the job's been done properly but I have to consider the warrenty. Hav'nt heard any horror stories about the local dealer yet but I do'nt like their charges, maybe Syd can shed some light on this. Oh yea, as soon as I learn how to use my wifes camera ( read that as... as soon as she agrees to lend me it....) I'll get some photos of the bike on.

Im new to Harleys only had my Dyna 14 months,will service it myself in April,but every other service i will probably leave it into Harley shop in Antrim,i dont really like messing about with the modern bikes engines but dont mind adding parts on the bike myself plus minor services.
Never really had to work on any bikes for the last 10 years,as most of my bikes have been new or maybe a year old,and these modern bikes no matter the make seem to just keep going.
Have a 1975 Triumph Trident which needs worked on a lot,thats why its sitting in garage and never took out.
I know the guy John who is the mechanic for Harley shop in Antrim,he used to race a lot in the early days , this guy knows his stuff about Harleys,so any work done by him will be 100%.
Wolfy (Syd)

Very interesting responses, I asked the question because I was curious what people do here, if there is a decent shop and maybe I find someone I can exchange notes with.

I'm with M on this service subject, it's the price that usually stops most people then there is the trust issue. As to the warranty, although there is no written rule that states you're not allow to work on your own bike, it does put you in a grey area when problem arise and the dealer will put your bike under a microscope to make sure you didn't screw something up. As to the trust, there are good and bad in everthing, just because it's a authorize Harley service facility, it don't mean your bike is done right, it only mean if they blows it up, they will pay for it and do it until it's repaired.:small3d023:

That's great that Syd knows a senior tech, if I had any major issue at least there is a guy in this neck of the woods. As to the minor stuff, the 06' is now on ext warranty, plus the engine is all done up, I will just have to roll up my sleeve and get to work, lol. Anyone wants to get dirty over a few wobbly pop is welcome, lol:newsmile016:

Well, it looks like you all will have yet another yank in your country. As we will be moving back to the Limerick area around the May/Jun time frame. Wife wants to be closer to her parents. So if any of you have any leads on job openings, let me know. Already have the authorization to work there since we were living there in 06. Will hate to be without the bike while it is being shipped but there is no real way of riding it across the big pond.

Well, it looks like you all will have yet another yank in your country. As we will be moving back to the Limerick area around the May/Jun time frame. Wife wants to be closer to her parents. So if any of you have any leads on job openings, let me know. Already have the authorization to work there since we were living there in 06. Will hate to be without the bike while it is being shipped but there is no real way of riding it across the big pond.

You'll always be welcome here in my book, a lot of G.I.s stayed on after WWII and helped rebuild the homes of thousands of Belfast families that were destroyed during the blitz. My parents were amongst the many who benefited from their actions. Limerick is a bit out of my neck of the woods but its a beautiful part of the country. On a lighter note, your login name is a bit of an unfortunate choice if your coming to live in Ireland, I'd keep that one quite in public if I were you:D

Hi Irishwolf
Only have the bike since lats nov 08 have been looking around to see if there any local bike events coming up if you hear of any will you let me know Havent joined any chapter dont know any and how to join them :-( as the weather starts to get better hopefully I can get around to a few more places Looking at the killarney Bike fest in june was there 2 years ago great time had

Kirwajo
Welcome to the forum mate.
Im riding a 2007 Dyna Super Glide Custom with lots of added on parts.
Few nice bike events round the Clare area.just wondering if you attend any of them ?.
Im from the North of Ireland but we have a chapter of our club in Limerick.
Take Care
Wolfy
(Syd)

Henry
You have two real nice lookng bikes there,health to enjoy them mate.
Hope you dont have to many probs with the bike being changed over to UK spec.
Wolfy (Syd)
Hi Irishwolf
Only have the bike since lats nov 08 have been looking around to see if there any local bike events coming up if you hear of any will you let me know Havent joined any chapter dont know any and how to join them :-( as the weather starts to get better hopefully I can get around to a few more places Looking at the killarney Bike fest in june was there 2 years ago great time had

What type of work you looking for your best bet is start looking through the webagencies now and upload your cv there you could be lucky

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all
Still wet,cold and miserable here in N,Ireland,not long now till the season kicks in fully,have attended a few events in the past few weeks with some members from our club,but they have been rocks nights,but still good crack was had throughout the night,see we have few good rock nights in February in and around the Belfast area,looking forward to the rallies starting,think the first one of the year is BLACKROSE MCC in the end of March or Early April.
Well enough said as im starting to bore myself lol.
Wolfy

Kirwajo,
You can contact me any time m8,not many events i dont know about,maybe ride a few rallies together.
Heres a few site that have rally details in Ireland on them.
Irish Bikers Bible
http://www.magireland.org/
Riverside Crew M.C.C.
Wolfy

Last edited:
Back