free website stats program N.H. to S.C. 8 days | Harley Davidson Forums

N.H. to S.C. 8 days

Just got back from a great trip with the wife, she did it on her dyna low rider and me on the RG. Put 2900 miles on her in 8 days, we rode through mass, VT, NY, MD, WV, VA, NC, TN, and dipped into S.C. and back home to NH. Man what a trip, the dragon was alot of fun (did it twice), rode to the top of Grandfather mountain which is a little hairy on a big tourer but the RG handled it. We stayed at the lands creek cabins in bryson city, NC and man was it beautiful. There are so many roads down there to drive that are equal too if not better than the dragon itself. Plus we rode the skyline drive and blueridge parkway. Mostly great weather except for sunday which was cold, foggy, and wettt. Other than that mostly tee shirts and jeans. I averaged 48mpg the whole trip. Here are some pics

OUR CABIN, running brook outside bedroom window and a much needed hot tub on the deck: )
IMG_0426.jpg

Me and the MRS at the dragon
IMG_0435.jpg

The bikes somewhere on skyline drive in VA
IMG_0460.jpg

From blueridge parkway in NC
IMG_0439.jpg

From overlook on dragon
IMG_0432.jpg

Nice pics, wife & i are doing the same in 2 weeks , how many miles per day on the Parkway can you make while still getting the feeling youve been there. Time permitting would like to go from Boone to Mountain City on 421.

You should easily be able to do 200+ a day on the parkway while making scenic stops. Grandfather mountain is right off the parkway near boone and was a nice side trip as well as the via duct that runs along side the mountain on the parkway. I will try to post a pic of this.
Blueridge parkway via duct
IMG_0418.jpg

Top of Grandfather mtn
IMG_0456.jpg

Watch for deer
IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures NHROADGLIDER!! I am going to do something similiar in July. I have 2 weeks vacation and planning on going to Myrtle Beach to visit my son via Blue Ridge Parkway from Maine. I'm planning on going 84 over to 81 and then 81 down. What routes did you take? Any recommendations on must see's? must do's? must avoid? I'll be doing this by myself so should be a little quicker and I'm use to doing 300 to 400 miles per day on day rides around here so planning on 500 to 600 per day on the trip.

Back