free website stats program My winter upgrades, what's your's? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My winter upgrades, what's your's?

Detachable tour pack ,TFI and pipes I want to drive Glider crazy looking for advice

Thanks for the suggestion. I viewed the instructions from their website and it looks as if a novice like myself can do it. Thanks much!

New Harley Owner (July 2008)
07 Ultra White Gold Pearl

I am taking the add ons a little slow. Not sure What I want to do yet.Oil Cooler will be one, oil temp gauge instead of the air temp gauge another.

Who knows what else. I read this site often looking for ideas so don't be afraid to post your ideas!

2009 FHLR, Hot Red Sunglow

- chrome front end kit
- 103" SE updgrade
- chrome installers kit
- Renegade "Phoenix" wheels and rotors
- Braided clutch and brake lines

Plus all the little odds and ends of stuff I'll do myself

All this talk about a 2009 FHLR, Hot Red Sunglow but haven't seen any pics yet :D

How about it? :D

How do you like my Psssst!

All this talk about a 2009 FHLR, Hot Red Sunglow but haven't seen any pics yet :D

How about it? :D

How do you like my Psssst!

I know...I'm the world's most lame picture poster! Regarding the magenta message, it Psssst!s me off. (Let's see if this one flies in light of recent discussions! :D)

I believe in the KISS method.:51:

Keep It Simple Stupid

So often I see people adding the SERT and PC III amongst other units and end up with problems of pinging and many other problems with the engine. Different situations arise where it won't idle right or stalls sporadically and believe that the least you do to these bikes, the better off you are as far as engine mods. The factory mapping leaves something to be desired but as far as running decently, just adding a bit of fuel with a TFI will result in a good running bike and less cost than other units not to mention the abuse the bike gets on the dyno and not even taking into consideration the tuner himself as far as qualifications and expertise on dyno tuning.

Everyone has a different view on what they think the bike should perform right but I added the TFI to my 07 RK and was very happy with the results for a street ridden bike. It performed well and I had no problems with it.
If you are looking to extract the last ounce of power out of the engine then the SERT would be the way to go. JMHO

I just installed VH Monster ovals, VH Fuelpak & K&N air filter. Am going to replace windsheild with Clearveiw 9.5" sheild in dark smoke, replace speakers, looking for some suggestions, replace grips & chrome controls. Would like to paint inner fairing,we,ll see how the cash holds out. Have a good one

Back