free website stats program My wife just doesn't understand.. | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

My wife just doesn't understand..

I know my limits, but I do like to kid away the boredom sometimes.

It won't do no good Jack, they ain't wired that a way.

Not always, are you starting to get the picture :D

Yea I like to word it like that too Jack, when in professional or christian company. But if I'm hanging out with my 2 brother in laws we always just say if you married one of those Caudill girls you better know how to cook and help with some clean up. You know what women always say, the only thing better looking than a man in the kitchen, is a man cleaning in the kitchen.

Mat the older we get, just about everything is harder on us. Especially mechanic stuff. You would not believe the ordeal I went thru to put the heads back on my V-8 truck a while back. They only weigh 50lbs each but I could not hold them straight out with my arms, the arthritis just hurt too bad I was afraid I would drop them on the block.

So I put a step ladder in front of the truck, and put a 2x12 board from the step ladder to the radiator wall. I put the one head, torque wrench and all the other needed stuff on the board. Then I climbed inside the engine bay and worked my feet down to the ground and stood flat footed in front of the engine to grab and set the head.

Then I torqued it down, got back out, moved the step ladder to the other side of the truck and did the other head. Old, stiff men have to be creative.

Glad you are riding again.

Yea, just changed out front hubs on my Ford 2 days ago, still sore from that, not to mention (but I will) all the little knuckle scrapes etc. that go with it, but did end up saving a lot of $.

I was must married last November 28th to a beautiful Filipina in Iloilo City, Philippines. We helicoptered into Boracay for our honey moon, the helicopter was a surprise. She was so excited about the heli ride she nearly trimmed the bouquet she was holding high - running towards the heli! Haha! I'm a private pilot that (obviously) loves airplanes, wasn't sure how she was going to react. I told her that her that I purchased a Harley. After she complained my Super Glide looked too small, but she said wanted to ride it! I knew I married the right woman when she said she wanted one for her own! haha! My partial justification for the purchase is that I needed transportation as when she gets here she'll need a ride - my current car(paid for). After she gets a cage DL, I promised her I'd get a MC license at the same place I did here in San Antonio, TX. If you can't beat'em - join'em! Hopefully this will make my riding life a little easier!:cheers

Mark - thanks!

Thanks RWB . . . but my name is Mark Sanderson . . . everyone forgets the 'S' . . . oh well . . . Mr. Anderson it is I guess . . . haha! Mark (Neo) :guitar

Oh ok, don't know why I didn't recognize that. I'm kinda dumb on some things when it's all small case. So it's Mark F. Sanderson, great story, congratulations.

I have a lot of respect for a female riding a bike, especially a Bagger. I have seen females that can ride rings around the guys....:bigsmiley30:

:lolrolling :lolrolling :lolrolling

I'm not sure I'd ride rings around anyone, but I'd like to try!! :s

Thanks dbmg :hii

:p Hi Mark, how u liking that New bike and the Texas Skies:s

I love it Jack - thanks! Just took a ride for about ~150 miles . . . from my house to Caliente Harley, up Bandera Road to Bandera . . . north on 173 to Kerrville, I-10 east back home . . . stopped at the -Original- Rudy's BBQ in Leon Springs (great BBQ) for bite to eat before heading home . . . helps clear out the cobwebs! I found that my maximum miles that I can in one sitting comfortably (w/out a windscreen) is about 85 miles. At that point I found rest stop along the highway, got re-hydrated and relaxed a while . . . I'm hoping I can get a little more miles on one sitting comfortably with a windscreen . . .

Mark - Thanks!

Back