free website stats program My wife just doesn't understand.. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

My wife just doesn't understand..

Yesterday was the first real ride of the season. Wife asked how long are you going out for? My reply was I do not know. She said if your not home by 5:00 PM you are on your own. I said thats ok...
Or one day I called at 7:00 PM to let the Misses know after leaving house at 9:00 AM, I was at least 4 hours from home and 400 miles into the ride already. Her reply was if I need to get a motel so be it. Made it home by midnight and ended up at 600 miles. And all was well.

QUOTE= Mat...Thats a lot of miles...I half to admit with my work and The fact that I didn't set my bike up for comfort so, I may be sore but I look cool..:s..:rider...Yes I will have a bager when Im ready to grow up....

Dave...:)If I said that to my wife I would be banned from the bead room...Your lucky your wife has a good sense of humar...:s

I know my limits, but I do like to kid away the boredom sometimes.

OOOOHHHH, I tell the Redhead to read a repair manual instead of those love novels and stop dying her hair . . . . . . .

It won't do no good Jack, they ain't wired that a way.

You guys are very brave ...Do your wifes cook for you..:)

Not always, are you starting to get the picture :D

Some times, tho I am getting to be quite the house mouse:p I dont mind cooking or doing the dishes. The redhead is working full time and going to school for her BA, I am soon to be retired and on disability so I dont mind and I like helping her as much as I can:D

Yea I like to word it like that too Jack, when in professional or christian company. But if I'm hanging out with my 2 brother in laws we always just say if you married one of those Caudill girls you better know how to cook and help with some clean up. You know what women always say, the only thing better looking than a man in the kitchen, is a man cleaning in the kitchen.

Jack..Im glad you will be able to retire soon...Being a mechanic is hard on us as we get older..

Mat the older we get, just about everything is harder on us. Especially mechanic stuff. You would not believe the ordeal I went thru to put the heads back on my V-8 truck a while back. They only weigh 50lbs each but I could not hold them straight out with my arms, the arthritis just hurt too bad I was afraid I would drop them on the block.

So I put a step ladder in front of the truck, and put a 2x12 board from the step ladder to the radiator wall. I put the one head, torque wrench and all the other needed stuff on the board. Then I climbed inside the engine bay and worked my feet down to the ground and stood flat footed in front of the engine to grab and set the head.

Then I torqued it down, got back out, moved the step ladder to the other side of the truck and did the other head. Old, stiff men have to be creative.

Glad you are riding again.

Sounds like I have alto more hurt to look forward to..:)...So I guess alto of us feel it even rideing...Glad you have your heads on RWB..Sounds like you have all the fun'':s

Sounds like I have alto more hurt to look forward to..:).

Maybe you won't have the arthritis too bad. Some hurt more than others. Life has a variety of ills to deal out to various ones LOL.

Glad you have your heads on RWB..Sounds like you have all the fun'':s

My trucks heads are on right, that's true. My head well that's debatable.

QUOTE= Mat...Thats a lot of miles...I half to admit with my work and The fact that I didn't set my bike up for comfort so, I may be sore but I look cool..:s..:rider...Yes I will have a bager when Im ready to grow up....

You do not have to be grown up to have a bagger.....Just light on your feet.
The best part is the looks you get when most can not believe what a 800+ LB motorcycle can do....Especially in the corners..:p

The best part is the looks you get when most can not believe what a 800+ LB motorcycle can do....Especially in the corners..:p

QUOTE=Mat......No offense to what anyone rides..:)

:lolrolling :lolrolling :lolrolling

Boy do you have that right dbmg!!!---I LOVE it when little ol' me rides up on my BIG BAD BAGGER :small3d031: --And, I cannot tell you how many people ask me, when I'm just sitting on her, if I'm waiting for my man to return. But my favorite, is riding alongside a couple and she just beams while poking her finger into him!!!

So this is one woman who more than just understands!!! And I have to say, I'm definitely not all grown up--but I know all to well about that arthritis stuff!!

CatWoman :rider

Boy do you have that right dbmg!!!---I LOVE it when little ol' me rides up on my BIG BAD BAGGER :small3d031: . . . . . . . . . . . So this is one woman who more than just understands!!! And I have to say, I'm definitely not all grown up--but I know all to well about that arthritis stuff!!

Thanks for the wake up CatWoman, there are some of you out there. You, Joy, Trike Lady and others. Actually (even though she don't read manuals that well) my wife loves to ride. She would have a bike of her own if her illness did not hold her back.

Boy do you have that right dbmg!!!---I LOVE it when little ol' me rides up on my BIG BAD BAGGER :small3d031: --And, I cannot tell you how many people ask me, when I'm just sitting on her, if I'm waiting for my man to return. But my favorite, is riding alongside a couple and she just beams while poking her finger into him!!!

So this is one woman who more than just understands!!! And I have to say, I'm definitely not all grown up--but I know all to well about that arthritis stuff!!

I have a lot of respect for a female riding a bike, especially a Bagger. I have seen females that can ride rings around the guys....:bigsmiley30:

Back