free website stats program My wife just doesn't understand.. | Harley Davidson Forums

My wife just doesn't understand..

mat 60

I am working today but since my bike is here also and its coming out of hibernation. I am so looking forward to at least a small ride tomorrow...Still lots of sand on roads but temps tomorrow may hit 70 so I just cant wait Any longer..:D...I can tell you that when I get back I,ll be feeling much beter.......Thats all......:guitar..Mat...

Mat most of us here in the deep south don't really have a feel for what it is like to put the bike away for any length of time. I get cranky when I don't get to ride three of four times a week! So saddle up and head out, put that Harley smile back on your face, I'll bet your wife will understand that.

My wife had her bike out twice before i managed to get mine out for the first time although the second time she had her bike out was because her car was laying in bits in the carpark at her work after a front spring had snapped

Brian

Mat, wives don't have to under stand or be given any reason, they only hear what is in OUR best interest, I have found it easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission, Ride your bike She will still LOVE u and understand:rider

Just got back from a 4 hour ride, and I thought about Mat and his wife. There is somethings you just can't explain. I'm really fortunate to have a wife that does get it. Enjoy the things you like and be happy for the loved one's that are there when you get home.

go for Mat. watch that sand and, the fact that cagers are not used to seeing us yet ( if ever). Had a great 100 mile run today in the NW hills of CT.
Really surprised to see very little, if any, sand left on the roads we took.
It was a great 'first time out' this season. Wife and I will ride again tomorrow..even warmer tomorrow.

I had my bike out Feb 1 and every time possible since now some warm weather hit and the wife got all bent out of shape her's was in storage and getting some work done, well she picked it up today and is under the impression that she's getting a late start. With the warm spell all I heard was darn it, I need my bike every day I heard this. Now tomorrow almost 80 and she's watching the grand kid's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I couldn't wait aneymore.....I went for a ride late this afternoon...All I can say is..This is me...:)...My wife is great and doesn't mind me going but she doesn't understand how great it makes us feel....I was out until I was freezing but it made me think of a saying a wise man said on here.....It goes...A cold ride is better than no ride....Boy was he right....Mat..:s

Glad you got a ride in Mr. Softy. Wives never understand some things. That's why God named them "WOman". :lolrolling

My wife was reading one of my various Harley books the other day and wanted to know what model was the ShovelHead. When I told her that the ShovelHead was an engine version and not a model. She said well I never would have gotten that.

I told her it was a hair color issue and not to worry about it. She then told me somethings I can't repeat or I would be banned. :D

Back