free website stats program *My Ultra Speedo not working and Running badly* Help! | Harley Davidson Forums

*My Ultra Speedo not working and Running badly* Help!

SUPER-G-MAN

Ok I have a 2002 Ultra and yesterday the Speedo stoped working and engine light started flashing , it is running badly . This happened once before and it was just a fuse , i checked and also had someone else look at them and all fuses are good. I unplugged the vance and hines fuel pak and rehooked , back stock , that solved the engine light for now , but still no speedo , and running like (EDIT) . Please help. I can't afford a trip to Harley right now . Thanks Super-G:(

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok , I don't know what I might have said to offend , but sorry , any way the speed sensor is the allen screw in front of the oil fill hole right. and behind the trans top cover. is there a way to test it before replacing .
Thanks again

Ok , I don't know what I might have said to offend , but sorry , any way the speed sensor is the allen screw in front of the oil fill hole right. and behind the trans top cover. is there a way to test it before replacing .
Thanks again

That post will even show you pics of the sensor.

I don't know what I might have said to offend...
"and running like (EDIT) ."

"I would suggest refraining from the use of language on the forum."
thats a little stiff don't you think? ,sorry any way thanks for you help .

Ok I have a 2002 Ultra and yesterday the Speedo stoped working and engine light started flashing , it is running badly . This happened once before and it was just a fuse , i checked and also had someone else look at them and all fuses are good. I unplugged the vance and hines fuel pak and rehooked , back stock , that solved the engine light for now , but still no speedo , and running like (EDIT) . Please help. I can't afford a trip to Harley right now . Thanks Super-G:(

Hi,
Glider is probably right on. I had the same problem and got help here on the site. You just take out the sensor gently (one screw).
It will be covered either fully or partially of grey tar particles. You should be able to clean it and reinstall.( Note), I had the same occurance and I decided to followed the wire to the module and noticed a rub on the wire right to the copper as well. $70 for a new sensor.
Just a note on language this site should be able to be read by kids without issues. No big deal, thank you..

One other thing that should be brought up here and that is if the sensor is covered with a significant amount of "fuzz", that fuzz is gear material and your lube isn't doing a good job protecting the parts in the trans.

Always use a quality gear oil in the trans like Spectro GL5 or Reline shockproof, never motor oil or Syn 3 and I don't even like the Formula+ in the trans, only the primary.

OK well I'm sorry for the word , but I think that is a little extreme , I could see if I said the other four letter word , but what ever . I cleaned the sensor and every thing is working now thanks for all the help. :bigsmiley12:

The language rules may seem strict but they have to draw the line somewhere. It doesn't take long and it will be second nature to you.

Back