free website stats program My next truck | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

My next truck

Now you're talking! That's one beautiful looking bike. :D:D Does it have a wobble problem at the back with the "Softtail" suspension?

Am a bit surprised by the negative views of Ford by many members from the USA. Have two Fords in my family and I have to say they have been superb vfm dependable motors. Maybe am missing something going on with Ford from your side of the puddle.:bigsmiley8:

Ford is the number one selling pick up in North America and has been for a number of years.just personal tastes you are seeing in this thread. I have owned Ford ,G.M. and Dodge pick ups and have had good and bad in all brands

Ford is the number one selling pick up in North America and has been for a number of years.just personal tastes you are seeing in this thread. I have owned Ford ,G.M. and Dodge pick ups and have had good and bad in all brands
Not only the best selling truck, but the best selling vehicle in America..

Not really a Ford guy either. besides I'm not into spending extra for a name. I'll buy the bumper sticker and be done with it.

My 2000 Ranger has 115,000 miles. Besides normal maintenance (tire, brakes, oil), I have had to replace the EGR controller and the oil pressure switch ($75.00 in 9 years). The last 2 Chevy's spent more time at the dealer than at my home. Chevrolet, never again for me. If someone gave me one, I could sell it and get that turquoise and cream Heritage. :)

If personal experience is the measure, I have owned Chryslers, GM's, Fords and now have an '02 Toyota, and '03 Honda. My last Ford was a 93 Ranger w/ V6 3.0L that had 196,000 miles on it when I gave it to my daughter and son-in-law, who were moving in Sunnyvale. :p

I have had no major problems, but did replace muffler (noisy) 45K, replace the antilock rear brake sensor and chopper wheel corroded from all the salt it received during it's life in Chicago, IL (light came on, braking was okay, just no anti-lock) at 60k, F/R brakes at 90k (squeal from wear indicators); clutch & m/c (slipping) at 100k; water pump (small puddle of coolant on my driveway) at 140k. Routine L/O every 3k, Filter every other change. Pretty reliable truck, always starts (original starter). My kids tell me they are amazed how well it starts and runs (they are yuppy maintenance ignore types i.e. don't work on it 'til something breaks). BTW the alternator still has noisy bearing since 40,000 but also runs just fine, just passed 200k. :newsmile091:

The Ranger really is a 2nd generation Mazda truck, when I worked for Mazda in 2002 as QA inspector, my U.S. manager said it was the best truck Mazda ever designed in collaboration with Ford. Honestly, the Japanese have higher quality control and workmanship standards...:shock

Even though we developed the techniques of QA here in the U.S, I can attest to the fact that with only 2-3 months on the job, I could close my eyes, be put in front of any one of 1000 cars in a lot, and in 30 secs could tell which cars were made in Japan and which were made in the U.S. just by the number of defects I tallied. :( Just my thoughts, I still like domestic vehicles, I just put my inspection techniques and experience to the fore when it comes to buying one and don't get caught up in all the "flash". :newsmile022:

Last edited:
My Ford F150 super crew has been very good to me........over 100k on it now and not a single problem........but I do maintain it well......I change the oil every 50 thousand whether it needs it or not....:D

And I've hauled my fatboy from Texas to Kansas City to Atlanta and to Florida more times than I can count on the back just as in the picture with zero problems......

1025-1505817662008.jpg

My Ford F150 super crew has been very good to me........over 100k on it now and not a single problem........but I do maintain it well......I change the oil every 50 thousand whether it needs it or not....:D

And I've hauled my fatboy from Texas to Kansas City to Atlanta and to Florida more times than I can count on the back just as in the picture with zero problems......

1025-1505817662008.jpg

Every 50,000 ? I hope that was a typo. My 03 Silverado has 37,000 and the oil has been changed every 2,000.:D I want this truck to be my last so I can spend money on the scooter.

Back