My Next Harley - I'm So Confused!!

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Dr. Dolittle, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

As I posted previously, I'm a Sportster rider looking to move to something a little bigger/more touring oriented without losing too much of the sporty maneuverability of the XL1200. Thought I had done all my research and narrowed it down to either a Road King or a Heritage Softail. Made the mistake of doing a little more thinking and talking to a buddy and now I'm considering the Road Glide as well.

My main objection is not being able to do any simple neighborhood cruising without any windshield/fairing like you can with the other two models.

Anybody have any experience moving from a RK/Heritage to a RG? Any regrets? Do you miss the wind in your face occasionally?

2. 2388

2388 Member

I currently own an 07 roadglide and I really love it;for me it's the right machine.Man, if you want to put on some serious miles it's a very good choice.If I had to do it all again I definitely would choose the RG.Having said that,Ithink you need to think a little about the riding you'll be doing and the look you like.I personally think(looks wise)the roadking is pretty hard to beat.A friend just bought an 08 roadking and its just a beautiful machine.
    One thing you'll love for sure is the extra gear and power.
    Good Luck!

3. RicanGlider

RicanGlider Active Member

Hello Dr.:D

why not keep the Sportster and get the RoadGlide or RK?

Good Luck! :s

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2008
  4. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

Another Idea...get a Road King and you can kinda create your own..The first Pic is with a stock windshield...can be removed in less than 10 seconds...also the sissy bar pops off as well...Then as you see in the second pic ..you can install a fairing..that installs in about 10 minutes...and the tour pak can also come on and off in a few minutes..so this way ya got the best of many worlds.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  5. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

6. Dr. Dolittle

ummm, let's see - $$$$$$$$$$

7. Dr. Dolittle

I know, I know. I have rented five different Harleys in the last year but I haven't ridden the three I'm considering on the same day to get a true comparison. It's definitely on my to do list!

8. Dr. Dolittle

I'll bite - I'm so new on this forum I have no idea what a BT is. My guess would be Bagger/Touring. Am I close?

9. Dr. Dolittle

10. RicanGlider

RicanGlider Active Member

Nice Fourdogs! :bigsmiley14: you got the best of both world:D

Good, Dr., we might get you on a bike before spring time:bigsmiley8:!