free website stats program My new intake -- delivery TODAY | Harley Davidson Forums

My new intake -- delivery TODAY

CRCKR

I'm pretty stoked, my new Arlen Ness BigSucker Stage 2 is coming in today and I'll pop it on tomorrow. I'm on track to get exhaust, big bore kit and cams before Spring. I had my FLHT all set up before that clown totaled it and I had forgotten how happy performing all of these improvements make me!

Bodeen, when did you have issues with your AN-BS? I just saw one of your old posts. I wonder if they made any modifications since then.

The FP3 made a HUGE difference, I cannot wait to see how she runs when she can BREATHE!

Like a kid in a candy store, it's always exciting to get em setup the way you want them.

Keep us updated on your progress.:)

Keeping my fingers crossed... for the price it won't be too painful as long as I don't get stranded in the desert somewhere.
On another note... JP Cycles shipped me the rain sock but not the BS2...so I have to wait till Monday afternoon to install it. :(

Opening up the ac and exhaust with a wee bit extra fuel does waken the bike up a bit

Brian

I'm pretty stoked, my new Arlen Ness BigSucker Stage 2 is coming in today and I'll pop it on tomorrow. I'm on track to get exhaust, big bore kit and cams before Spring. I had my FLHT all set up before that clown totaled it and I had forgotten how happy performing all of these improvements make me!

Bodeen, when did you have issues with your AN-BS? I just saw one of your old posts. I wonder if they made any modifications since then.

The FP3 made a HUGE difference, I cannot wait to see how she runs when she can BREATHE!

I don't remember when it was. Been a good while ago though. The casting of the AN back plate was/is poor and the holes the the stand-offs thread into carb through cracked. I was able to JB weld until I found a replacement at the swap meet for $5. I inherited the AN BS with the bike so it wasn't as painful as it could have been. I wouldnt buy another one though. There are better choices out there for the money IMO and feel that way about all of AN's stuff, just not a fan of it. Hopefully they have gotten better. For every one of me there lots of satisfied AN BS users. I hope you are in the other category...

Hmm...Looks like I'll get out the torque wrenches to make sure I don't over do it. Thanks for the heads up.

The new A/C went on like a breeze... no thanks to AN's directions. Had a few pops when hitting the accelerator before the bike was warmed up but I'll do an autotune on it with the FP3 and I'm sure it will be exactly what I expect. If I were not going to do a big bore and cams I would definitely go with a Stage 1, though, if only because of the little bit of time it is gonna take me to get used to the knee knocker hanging so far out there.

Glad to hear it was a easy install, sounds like a tad bit more fuel will fix the pops you're getting.

Back