free website stats program My new 2015 FLHXS... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My new 2015 FLHXS...

Hi,

First off, I was short sighted when I created my username on this forum :nosad I just assumed I'd have my 08 FLHT forever but after 7.5 years we've parted ways. I traded it in on a 2015 FLHXS Street Glide Special and one of the techs at the dealer bought it as a "project bike". Next time I'm in I'll ask him to send me some pictures when he's done with it. I'd love to see how it turns out. As it was my first Harley, I really loved that bike and spent a lot of good times with it and had a few rough spots but I learned a lot and developed more skill riding heavy weight bikes, but like everyone I have more to learn.

Tuesday I picked up my new 2015 Street Glide Special, in Vivid Black of course. I contemplated other colors like silver and denim black which are nice but as they say, black is beautiful and for me it looks best. The FLHXS is quite an upgrade for me. I didn't have ABS or Bluetooth before which were both big selling points for me. I debated getting the FLHX but after I added Security and ABS in addition to the benefits of the upgraded stereo, the FLHXS just made sense. After all the research I did on the bike itself, the various options for parts, I'm glad it's all done. I have no idea how many hours and hours I spent looking at different forums, online reviews, YouTube, etc trying to make sure I got something I'd be happy with long term. Only time will tell. I picked it up and my Dad and I went for a 160Km (100 mile) ride. He's got a 2014 FLHTCU which I had taken for a short ride and was impressed with the smooth power and agility. My new Street Glide is no different. I just can't wait for the break in period to be done so I can better test it out, but I know it won't disappoint based on what I've seen so far.

I'm in the process of doing a few upgrades but work has been crazy and some of the parts aren't in yet so I'll get it finished as soon as I can. I've added the Vance and Hines Dresser Duals with Twin Slash Ovals, Stage 1 AC, Saddle Bag bars, Willie G fuel door and shifter pegs (from my FLHT) and fuel door lock. I've still got to do my FP3, Sissy bar and pad, 4 point detachable mounting kit, "103" Derby cover, Hammock seat and Tech Gripper. It's going to the dealer on Tuesday for the heated grips install. My Biketronics 7.1 speakers and Amp won't be in for a few weeks. I've included a few pics so far but I'll do more when it's done. And as with my old ride, I purchased a Service Manual but it's on back order.

FLHTrider08
NICE!!! i think it looks great,:bigsmiley10: congrats

Congrats!

I do notice something quite different with your Street Glide than my 2014.

It's probably because you're in Canada and the builds are different for International models.

You have a center running/brake, tail light with amber turn signals. The USA version only has the turn signals but they are both the running lights, brakes lights and turn signals. Very interesting.

Good luck with the new bike. Enjoy!

Congrats!

I do notice something quite different with your Street Glide than my 2014.

It's probably because you're in Canada and the builds are different for International models.

You have a center running/brake, tail light with amber turn signals. The USA version only has the turn signals but they are both the running lights, brakes lights and turn signals. Very interesting.

Good luck with the new bike. Enjoy!

That is a little weird. I know when I was buying mine, the salesman told me that Harley was asked to put the reflectors on the back of the saddle bags for the Canadian models as the government thought they needed more visibility. I've seen some guys take them off and I've been told they're just on with double-sided tape.

Back