free website stats program My MSF course starts today - any tips? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My MSF course starts today - any tips?

befor long you'll be riding the same course two up on a bagger scrapping the running board.
YES it can be done :)
Smitty is right, I took mine in may and several times when I turn corners I have scraped my toe of my boot on the ground.

i'm glad i found this topic. i was wanting to let everyone know that i had my safety class this past week-end & i even passed it. boy am i gald that is over. very stressful when on the course for practice and for testing but the classroom was pretty relaxed. didn't miss any on the written portion not quite as lucky on the ride test but it was good enough to pass. they said i should get my card by this coming week-end then i can take it to the license facility to get my license. good timing since my license have to be renewed by my birthday on the 27th. everyone is right take lots of water/gatorade something of the sort i'm still patially dried out. have fun and relax as much as possible. i found i did bettte when i was relaxed. good luck. my husband and i went riding last night and i found my self using what i had learned in class especially on the sharper curves and turns do it is defintely worth taking the class.

i'm glad i found this topic. i was wanting to let everyone know that i had my safety class this past week-end & i even passed it. boy am i gald that is over. very stressful when on the course for practice and for testing but the classroom was pretty relaxed. didn't miss any on the written portion not quite as lucky on the ride test but it was good enough to pass. they said i should get my card by this coming week-end then i can take it to the license facility to get my license. good timing since my license have to be renewed by my birthday on the 27th. everyone is right take lots of water/gatorade something of the sort i'm still patially dried out. have fun and relax as much as possible. i found i did bettte when i was relaxed. good luck. my husband and i went riding last night and i found my self using what i had learned in class especially on the sharper curves and turns do it is defintely worth taking the class.

Yep definitely take plenty of fluids. I took 5 bottles of Gatorade in a cooler. Drank all 5 and didn't have to use the bathroom all day. My body needed all of that fluid to function properly.

Out of the 10 people in my group for the riding portion of the course, 2 of us are current riders. Our instructors kind of use us as examples of how to properly do the exercises for those in the course that are having trouble, so that adds to my stress level! :)

Overall it's a fun course and I'm looking forward to the final two days this week.

Have fun and BE SAFE! I'm going riding now. :)

sounds like you guys are taking a longer class than i did. our idot class is friday's 6- 9 pm, saturday and sunday 8am - 6 p. plus had to drive 50 minutes one way to get there and again to get back home. i think i'm still catching up on my sleep and fluids.

sounds like you guys are taking a longer class than i did. our idot class is friday's 6- 9 pm, saturday and sunday 8am - 6 p. plus had to drive 50 minutes one way to get there and again to get back home. i think i'm still catching up on my sleep and fluids.
Mine was accually about a mile from where I work, about 10 miles from my house.

I've taken the basic course twice, the experienced course once. Enjoyed them each time. Probably the one thing I keep in mind when riding more than anything else (outside of watching out for other drivers) is to look where I want to go, not where I don't want to end up. This has kept me upright on numerous occasions as it always pops in my head at just the right moments.

Back