free website stats program My Mech Messed up...........Question | Harley Davidson Forums

My Mech Messed up...........Question

pdh62

Guys...I got to get this little thought cleared up in the back of my head.......
I had stripped transmittion drain threads repaired........
Got my bike home when I thought I better call back and make sure the mech put in SYN3 oil that I use instead of maybe he putting in conventional Oil..........
He sounded panicked and asked if I had rode the bike.........I told him only rode it up on the trailer for the ride home and of course unloading it off the trailer and rode it into my garage.....
He told me he got side tracked while working on my bike and forgot to put the oil in the transmitton.....Apologizing up and down for several minutes and he was of course so thankful I called back..........
Ok.......estimating about 2-3 4 min run time on the engine.......please tell me this did not hurt the transmittion.........
he told me it would be ok........

you'll be fine as long as you fill it. I've heard they can go as much as 50-100mi. with no oil in tranny. Never tried it though. Lots of oil coating on the gears left from him draining it.
tourbox

As tourbox said your good to go. Had you rode it for any distance, now that would be a different story.

Back