free website stats program My Jiffy looks a little Iffy? | Harley Davidson Forums

My Jiffy looks a little Iffy?

DDogg

I might be imagining it, but my FatBob seems to be leaning a little more than normal when on the Jiffy stand. God, love that name. I have a couple questions about maintaining and lubrication of the JIffy stand. First, what agustments if any should be performed. Second what do you use and how often for lubricating the stand. Third, what angle should the bike be leaning when on the Jiffy. I've looked at how it works and I agree that it seems the design is made to hold the bike and you on it. But looking at my Bob on the stand, what angle would you say is normal. Is there a way to adjust it to put more tension on the spring so it stands with less angle? Again, I might just be imagining more lean, BUT, I don't know what angle it should be.

There's really no adjustments that can be made. Lubrication should be done with routine maintenance. I usually disassemble the stand and clean it well of any grit and grease it and reassemble it then. The spring is not a means of adjusting the stand, it only aids in the operation of the stand itself. The only way the bike can be leaning more is if the stand is bent or defective.

Back