free website stats program My Home Area | Harley Davidson Forums

My Home Area

fin_676

Experienced Member
Staff member
Contributor
As i live in an area that most forum members wont know i decided at one point to take some photos and post them
As i take the dog out for a good wander every day i took my camera one time
So these photos were taken at the beginning of June so I'm a wee bit behind getting them posted
As all the crops were harvested late august now we wander over the whole area they will plough at end Feb so we get 6 months with no restrictions

Attachments

• 100_0175 (Medium).JPG
    100_0175 (Medium).JPG
    43 KB · Views: 146
  • 100_0176 (Medium).JPG
    100_0176 (Medium).JPG
    40 KB · Views: 293
  • 100_0177 (Medium).JPG
    100_0177 (Medium).JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_0178 (Medium).JPG
    100_0178 (Medium).JPG
    41 KB · Views: 132
  • 100_0179 (Medium).JPG
    100_0179 (Medium).JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 130
It is one of the highlights of the day for bud and on the whole he is a good dog he will happily stay in the house on his own all day as long as we have a good walk when i get home
in a couple of weeks time itll be dark before i get home so he gets a flashing collar and i carry a 1st generation ii night scope if the roe deer are on the hill i can lose the dog for an hour as he tries to round them up and always fails as he is a border collie from working stock he wants to round up and control any wildlife out there

Brian

Wow oh Wow, sure is pretty over there, kind of wish I was a dog so I could run around all day, Thanks for sharing that:D

Here is another one taken from front of house looking east taken in August the green bits are trees

Brian

Attachments

• Rainbow.jpg
    Rainbow.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 105
As i live in an area that most forum members wont know i decided at one point to take some photos and post them
As i take the dog out for a good wander every day i took my camera one time
So these photos were taken at the beginning of June so I'm a wee bit behind getting them posted
As all the crops were harvested late august now we wander over the whole area they will plough at end Feb so we get 6 months with no restrictions

My favorite is this one, the dog, the highlands and the WALL...it reminds me of the old say 11th or 12th century with the ol' moss and wind hewn look! That was what struck me when I traveled in Europe...how long things are and yet remain the same...Old World meant just that...!:D

Brian,

Thank you for sharing the photos of your home area. As my mother was born in Glasgow and became a war bride (WWII) coming to live in the US, I will always remember her mentioning "home" and sharing the photos of hers. The countryside is beautiful over there and as she put it "rugged".

Brian K.

That is some pretty country for sure. What kind of crops are grown in the fields in your pictures? The wind farms suggest you get good coastal breezes. I've heard of the damp Irish chill.

That is some pretty country for sure. What kind of crops are grown in the fields in your pictures? The wind farms suggest you get good coastal breezes. I've heard of the damp Irish chill.

As I'm in Scotland its a damp Scottish chill the crops this year were barley although wheat and oats are also grown from time to time as are potato's and oil seed rape
The hill is called cowhythe hill and the main farm would have been mixed arable and cattle however as things have changed over the years with increased mechanisation the land is managed and farmed from lord seafields home farm 6 miles away and most of the land in all the photos belongs to him

Brian

Back