free website stats program My Helmet's strap melted | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

My Helmet's strap melted

Call me cynical,but I would have a good upholsterer stitch up a new strap and keep it for a back-up. Bell can't tell you that for liability reasons,and they sold another helmet........yes,my wife calls me cheap also :p

Are you SURE?.Sure enough to put your head on the line?

I work at heights in EPVs and from structures,using a Fall Restraint harness.When these require stitching repairs,they HAVE TO BE repaired by a qualified person to the same standard as the original manufacturer;using the same materials,job processes and stitch patterns.If not,they're junked.

At $1200 plus,they cost more than your helmet,but their ultimate job is the same.

Are you SURE?.Sure enough to put your head on the line?

I work at heights in EPVs and from structures,using a Fall Restraint harness.When these require stitching repairs,they HAVE TO BE repaired by a qualified person to the same standard as the original manufacturer;using the same materials,job processes and stitch patterns.If not,they're junked.

At $1200 plus,they cost more than your helmet,but their ultimate job is the same.

Key words,"repaired by qualified person". Same applies to a helmet.

Back