free website stats program My friend needs your help | Harley Davidson Forums

My friend needs your help

cvhmpls

Account Removed
A friend of mine recently bought a new 2009 Deluxe. She loves the bike except for one big flaw. The handlebars (which are connected to the standard risers) are cocked to the right when she travels in a straight line. This is very noticeable and very annoying for her because she is very short with shorter arms. The dealer took a look and (SURPRISE!) gave the standard HD dealer answer...that it is normal and nothing more they can do. I checked another new Deluxe on the show floor, pointed the front tire straight ahead and, sure enough, the bars were also cocked noticeably to the right. Has anyone else encountered this, and are there any suggestions how to fix it? Thanks.

maybe the guy that sets the bikes up at the dealer is cocked to the right.:s try loosening the the bolts underneath the risers and turning the bars all the way to the left and then going a little more. if that straightens them out tight the bolts back up there

My Pa has bent several sets of bars. Pull off all the controls, wrap a rag around the bar, put a big pipe over the bars and start applying pressure. It can't be off by much or it would be unrideable so it shouldn't take much pressure. He's a welder/pipe bender by trade so he's more confortable doing it than I am but you could always take it to a machine shop and have them do it for you if you don't want to do it yourself. Might be worth a try.....

A friend of mine recently bought a new 2009 Deluxe. She loves the bike except for one big flaw. The handlebars (which are connected to the standard risers) are cocked to the right when she travels in a straight line. This is very noticeable and very annoying for her because she is very short with shorter arms. The dealer took a look and (SURPRISE!) gave the standard HD dealer answer...that it is normal and nothing more they can do. I checked another new Deluxe on the show floor, pointed the front tire straight ahead and, sure enough, the bars were also cocked noticeably to the right. Has anyone else encountered this, and are there any suggestions how to fix it? Thanks.

I would go to a different dealer or two and do the same check. I have a feeling whoever is doing the setup at that dealership is messing something up.

Glider has problem covered, I am just amazed that the HD dealer would say that, AND do nothing about it. I say in this case 3 strikes and he is out of there. I would relate the fix to the dealer AND service manager. If they offer discounts or complimentary stuff take it, and THEN go somewhere else...

Back