free website stats program My first (real) ride . . . loved it! | Harley Davidson Forums

My first (real) ride . . . loved it!

markfsanderson

After I moved my stuff from Houston (in storage) to San Antonio Friday and Saturday I was feeling a bit down. Particularly in light of the forcast for Sunday that read we were going to have more rain, cold and wind . . . Suprise- Sunday afternoon cleared up and I had a sudden change of plans. No more unpacking and assembly - time to ride!
As part of the process of titling the motorcycle here in Texas, I went and got the bike inspected - no problems . . . got in a conversation with a guy who like motorcycles . . . I then dropped off the documentation from the inspection and headed north!
I drove north to a motorcycle shop to get some beter gloves as the ones I was using seemed to be to hot and sweaty. Then continued up the freeway to Boerne,Texas . . .ate a subway sandwich there . . .went east on 46 with the beautiful Hill Country views. Filled up some with some gas, went north on 281 to Blanco, turned around and headed back. About 120 miles and a 3 hours or so of riding . . . not much for an experienced rider but a nice ride for a newby. The great thing is that as time went on, I became more and more condfident in the bike and what it could do. Its still breaking in, so I wasn't gunning it for sure . . . I slipped it into 6th gear a couple of times and off she went! Very enjoyable and relaxing . . . I had a better attitude after the ride than before . . . an H-D miracle cure for the bad-weather blues!

See you all out there!:guitar

Mark - Thanks!

Sounds like you are GOOD to go, enjoy your year round riding and BE safe:rider

Hay Mark Im glad you had a great ride..Subway,,Isnt that healthy eating? I have never been..:)

You will never see a Harley parked in front of a phychiatrist office. Unless it belongs to the doctor!

The heart and soul of a Harley is amazing.....:s
And sometimes a short ride on any Harley can cause a definite change in attitude...:)

Great report. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Remember. Never get too confident on a bike. That's when you can run into trouble. And watch out for the other guy.

Great report. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Remember. Never get too confident on a bike. That's when you can run into trouble. And watch out for the other guy.

I've noticed that there are many parallels between piloting an aircraft, sailboat and a motorcycle. In all cases, overconfidence is a good way to shorten your lifespan! Hmm . . . maybe Dr. Davidson should prescribe 2 Harley rides per week? Haha! My type of medicine!

Mark - Thanks!

Back