My first project!

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Safehaven, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Safehaven

Safehaven Active Member

Just wanted to share that this weekend I've completed my first self installed mod!

Installed a laydown lisence plate holder. Pretty basic stuff I guess, but I'm happy with the way it turned out!

pics soon.

2. bestyet

bestyet Member

Thats the beginning and you will want more.
    Pics would be good

Cheers

3. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

I get about as much enjoyment working on my bike as I do riding it. :D

4. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Starting off on the "personalizing" trail is a very good thing...the crazy stuff will happen later...:newsmile093:

5. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the journey that has NO end!!

TQ

6. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

Indeed welcome, and the journey never ends from this point lol I started with installing foot pegs on my crash bars ..and I've installed chrome Calipers , chrome started,chrome inner primary...a fairing..led lights etc... so ya see once it starts it don't stop till ya run out of parts, are money which ever comes first lol :D

7. bikerdad

bikerdad Junior Member

I am also new to this and have been customizing my bike quite a bit. I have never been a car guy who likes to work on mechanical things but I am really getting into this bike and enjoy doing all the work myself. I agree that it is as much fun working on it as riding it. Keep on riding and having fun!

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Guest

It never ends and gives a great fealing to do it yourself

9. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Ahhh, the first of many more to come. Great job & keep enjoying b/c the satisfaction grows w/every update.

10. 03classic

03classic Junior Member

Once you get the bug it wont stop there.!! Thats the beauty of these bikes you can make it your own.