free website stats program My First Harley | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My First Harley

thank man yep I'm taking the bike class this weekend

I was reading if I run 89 instead of 93 the bike will run cooler is this right? also I do I put up pics on here

Harley does not recommend octane less than 91. I use only 91 and higher. I found a place that has 93 pure and use it when I ride out that direction, I have not noticed any increase in temperature.

Greetings! as far as advice or points,don't grab the front brake when your steering hard right or left,It'll toss ya.Otherwise enjoy!!

The higher the octane the slower more complete burn.
1 thing the ecm in a passenger vehicle will do is extend injector open time to richen the mixture in an atempt to lower engine temp when overheating.
Lower octane is a higher flash temp / faster and less complete burn.
Seeing what happens to spark plugs in the cars that recomend high octane but the customer uses the lowest can be surprising.
When I have used low octane fuel in my bikes I have noticed pinging while under load.
The difference in cost to fill the tank on the bike between low and high octane fuel is less than 2 bucks.

thanks yall I keep running high test then. loving my new bike still a little shaking on turns not to sure how far I can lean on her yet! my sport bike was a lot more easier on making turns

thank man yep I'm taking the bike class this weekend

I was reading if I run 89 instead of 93 the bike will run cooler is this right? also I do I put up pics on here
Your bike will run the coolest on the lowest octane fuel you can run without detonation. So, if your bike will run on 89 without detonation, there is no benefit in running 93.

What is the highest octane I can use? 2004 Harley UC. I have access to 102 but don't know if that would be too much. Right now I am getting a lot of popping on upshift and downshift, not sure if I got some bad gas or something else.

If your not getting any pinging run the low's octane at the pump. Lower octane runs cooler and is of course cheaper.

Back