free website stats program My First Harley | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My First Harley

BRAND Of Fuel Poll - Page 16 - Harley Davidson Community

This poll will give you some idea of what everyone uses. Tank is right about the 91 but I use Shell93 whenever it is available.
WAP.gif

Yep 91 and your good. Buddy ran some 89 and it messed up his carb. I'm new also but I have noticed some places we have rode don't have 91 so I'm gonna get some additive for when were on the road.

I am a new member, and the proud owner of my first HD. It is a 2009 Heritage Softail Classic, with 4000 miles on it. I traded in my Kawasaki Vulcan Drifter 1500, and couldn't be happier! I really liked the Drifter, but the ride and handling does not even compare with my Harley.

View attachment 13147

View attachment 13148

Now, I just need to get some different pipes. These are not quite loud enough. I want something with a low, deep rumble.

Ive been very happy with Screamin Eagle slip ons and Stage One Kit

Nice bike. If you can find some alcohol free gas try it, I run 89 alcohol free with NO issues, and mix it with premium:s

Thanks everyone.

I was wondering what I could do about the bag on the right side. The other one looks okay. I used some saddle soap on them this weekend, put some mink oil on them and stuffed the right bag full of blankets and towels, but it doesn't look like it is doing any good. I haven't heard of bag stiffeners. How do they work?
I'm still trying to figure out why some bags just collapse in a very short period and some do not. Is it from hauling loads on the outside . My 2010 Heritage has about the same mileage as your 2009 and both bags still look like new.

Back