free website stats program My first Harley. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

My first Harley.

i can't seem to conquer HDtrader. when i go to email seller and send a question, it informs me to fill out all fields, which are. eh frustrating. but thanks glider, i'm guessing rubber mounted engine is better, sounds stable lol. but as far as the shaking you are referring to, is it a "gets old after awhile" or "wow i love idling" lol type shake?? i'm asking because since my coming to the descision to buy a harley, i always imagined a good nice shake. maybe i'm wrong?

Actually they both shake, just in different areas, they're harleys LOL. The dyna will shake at idle and low speeds but the softail with the balanced engine will give you a little buzz further up unlike the older ones that would vibrate your feet off the pegs.

well the softail i am looking at has this
PM front wheel,chrome calipers,polished rotors,steel braided lines,16"bars,chrome shorty risers,chrome hand controls,custom gas caps,chrome lower legs,chrome swingarm,2"extended forward controls,chrome foot controls,Kuryacken pegs,red powder coat mid rocker box covers,andrews ev3 cam,s&s 40"shorty carb,Strader exhaust,chrome swingarm cover,custom mirrors,custom turn signals
lot of stuff i have no idea what is, lol but hopefully i learn and i plan on staying on this forum for a good while and i have already learned alot from other sections.
one question though, whats high mileage for a bike and when is it time to just get a new one

Have to agree with Hobbit here on the miles. After 50K you are usually putting some parts into a bike but not always. It depends on how it was ridden and maintained by the previous owner. With good care and not abused, 80-100K is possible without major repairs.

Maybe you should contact a local mechanic to check it over before you buy it. It may save you some headaches later on. Just a thought here.

Thats something I never even thought of, thanks. What are your thoughts on Street Bobs. I got my eye on an 06 w/ 4k mileage. The only thing that worries me is the paint, denim black. I have read alot about that paint being not great, especially after years of riding.

I thing the street bob is a great bike, I'm not too crazy about the denim paint myself but some people like it. It is supposed to develop a patina after years to make it look old but you have to like it.

I've seen some nice women on the nicest bikes. If you want to feel the motor, look into the screamin eagles. I think they are all solid mount, not sure. They ride nice with a better seat. Cash is King. Love Ebay

Back