free website stats program My First Harley | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

My First Harley

I have been riding Honda Goldwings for several years when a friend with a FLH convinced me to try a new Harley. I have had Friends in the 70's and Early 80's that owned Harleys or (F.O.R.D.'s) thier experiences closed the door for me ever wanting a Harley. This year I took the plunge and Bought my First harley a new Ultra Classic,I've put 20,000 kms on it this Summer and I love It.This bike is much more comfortable to Ride than any of my Goldwings.

Should have Done this sooner.

Ditto....
Welcome and congrats on the new ride.:cheers

another member said it best ( I wish I could remember to give them full credit). He said something like..
'There are other bikes that do most everything better than a Harley Except satisfy the soul.'
I agree.

rode a honda magna for 6 years (fast bike). Was going to buy a goldwing until I actually sat on one, I was very suprised at how uncomfortable small the cockpit was. The Ultra is a very comfortable bike with plenty of room for driver and passenger. with the 6 speed, I can run 80 mph at 2900rpms all day long. With some new pipes a/c and tuner I expect I will have all the power I will ever need. Welcome to HD :small3d036::Denjoy the new ride you will not be disappointed.

Back