free website stats program My first Harley Davidson | Harley Davidson Forums

My first Harley Davidson

mikemyers

Greetings all!
I just purchased my first ever HD two days ago...
a 2007 sportster 883. So far I think I like it, but I'm cautious as I expect allot from this bike. I have several questions but I'm reading past posts and learning in the process, (for example the little start shaped knob under the throttle for locking the throttle, cool!)
I don't think I like loud Vance and Hane's pipes it came with, I rather have the stock or even quieter pipes. All in due time...

Thanks to all who are here and for sharing your knowledge.

Mike Myers
Lebanon Kentucky

Welcome to The Forum, Enjoy your bike Post your questions in the correct are for more responses:rider:wce

Welcome to the best site on the net for Harley questions and concerns. You will also find sister/brotherhood like never before. These people in here are true and loyal Harley fanatics and enthusiasts. If you have a question or concern, fire it away and an answer will follow shortly. You will save yourself large amounts of money by using this site to your advantage. This site also operates off donations/contributions as well. I have been a member a few weeks and have saved hundreds of dollars so far and feel it necessary to send in a donation/contribution. So enjoy your time here. A warm welcome from Southern Kentucky!!!:ws

Glad to have you, I was wanting to hit on the exhaust pipes you stated you didnt like cause they were to loud. This is on a serious note, its a true saying also when I say this. ***Louder pipes save lives*** You have to think that there are so many drivers who dont pay a bit of attention while driving, but if they hear a loud noise coming they are more apt to look to see what that noise is and see you. This can have a huge impact on the highway also, they can here you before they see you. So, seriously think hard about the changing of the exhaust. It could be a matter of life or death!!!!! Be safe!

Back