free website stats program My fingers tingle - suggestions? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

My fingers tingle - suggestions?

You well know because we ride together that I am subject to migraines and alto I have not spoken about it at times I get one while riding. The tension of the ride gets into my shoulders and then the neck next a migraine. I use several of the aforementioned methods to relax on a ride i.e. stretches, the paddle cruise control and a chiropractor. Sometimes I even ride with a heating pad under the leather jacket and that is a lot of help. Regardless you have to figure what works best for you and go with that. Should you want to try changing your bar position some day we can figure the tools needed and take off on an adjustment ride. It is as good a reason to ride as any and a ride is a ride.

I have the same problem ..result of broken vertibrae in neck hope you have no damage in that region good luck

Same prob here....
i put it down to circulation not the bike as i have had many bikes over the years and had it happen on all. actually the harley is the best for no numb hand.....i ride an RK.
best cure I've found is not to have too tight a jacket around the arms.. gloves 1 size bigger and ride with your fingers resting on the brake and clutch leavers, not wrapped around grips.... and occasionally grip the grips then back to fingers on leavers.
Also have it worse when I'm smoking to much ...
But i guess its what works for you.

i'm right there w/ B1-B Guy. big hands call for really big grips. when i switched to monsters on my road king, i found i could ride all day. i can only go about 45 minutes on this ultra w/o putting it in cruise to get feeling back. still looking for some monster grips for fbw.

The tension of the ride gets into my shoulders and then the neck next a migraine.

Sounds like you need a masseuse to ride with you!

:)

Grats on finding the main cause. Is hard to relax hands somtimes when ur too busy concentrating on the road hazards, traffic, and just plain irresponsible drivers. there are just so many things we are preocupied with that we tend to foget about relaxing our grip or tend to tighten it even more when confronted with such things. I think that is why it happens more so in the beginning of the season. Ride on:newsmile108:

Hello everyone,

Need you advise, again :D.

When I ride, my fingers go numb, like when your arm or leg goes to sleep from a lack of circulation. It starts at the tips and works back until all of my fingers seem like they are not there. It gets to a point that I really cannot feel them. This is not only uncomfortable, but obviously dangerous. I would probably not be able to ride if it were not for the cruise control that allows me to rest my right hand also.

It is more severe if I have not ridden for a for a while, like after winter, or if a week or two goes by without ridding. If I ride consitantly for a few days it gets better and better to a point that it takes and hour or more for it to happen. It also seems to be more severe if I am ridding on a twisty road, even for a short distances.

My thought is that the handle bars might need to be replaced with something taller, maybe even larger hand grips, but I am not sure and would appreciate your input on what to do.

I seem to fit the bike well, I am comfortable in every other respect but this one, and do not have to reach too far for a full lock turn, my feet are flat on the ground at a stop. I do notice that as I ride, I tend to lean further and further forward as the day goes on, hense the riders back rest.

I know this is a very tough for anyone to give an absolute correct answer, but I am trying to see if I am on the correct path and really appreciate you opionons and advise.

I am 6'-2", 270lbs. I ride a 2009 RK, all stock, adjustable riders backrest, highway pegs, mirror extensions (because I could not see around my shoulders with the stock mirrors).

Thanks alot.
Bob

Have you checked yourself for diabetes? I had that problem BAD, then I found out I was diabetic. I've been on insulin for a couple years, and do not have that problem too bad anymore. If you're that heavy, please go get checked out...you don't want to go blind, lose your kidneys, or toes/fingers, etc....it's real bad ju-ju and shot are NOT bad to take.

try working on your hand strenght. you can get hand grips that you squeeze. there are single finger squeeze balls to work finger strength. I would also consider if you have carple tunnel. You could ask your doctor to see if you have that. if your squeeze is weak you are most likely tiring out your grip quickly. I hope this helps. Work on your hand and upper body strength.

Back