free website stats program My Fat Bob mods finally completed today | Harley Davidson Forums

My Fat Bob mods finally completed today

08FatBob

I finally finished the mods I wanted for my Fat Bob. The day I got it I knew I wanted to put the stage 1 high flow A/C on it as well as do something in the way of making it sound a little better, deeper and louder. Well after much research, asking around and just general homework, I made my decisions. I bought and put on the SE a/c and had HD do the download while I waited on my Rush 2" baffle slip ons. I had to wait for several weeks as they were on back order for the Fat Bob from the place I got them but the price was right. ($250 shipped) Just got the slip ons today and my Dad and I put them on. Also chose the V&H fuelpak. After about two hours of reading every letter of the directions and getting it all installed we got it fired up and wow what a difference. The sound was exactly what I hoped it would be. Deep rumble like a Harley should be and a very nice bark when the throttle was wacked. The final tell all was the ride. While I wasn't able to go for a real ride, a quick trip around town left an ear to ear grin. No backfires, very little, barely audible popping on decel from upper RPM's. Great throttle response too, feels like a different bike. Obviously not put on a dyno but maybe do that sometime here in the next few weeks if I get the chance and get the coin. I'm a very happy camper. Only issue I had to overcome was the lack of space to work and route the fuel pak but we got it done.

ok, here's some pictures of my bike all done....for now

Attachments

• Fat Bob 08.jpg
    Fat Bob 08.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 180
  • Fat Bob 06.jpg
    Fat Bob 06.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 252
  • Fat Bob 05.jpg
    Fat Bob 05.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 193
  • Fat Bob 04.jpg
    Fat Bob 04.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 233
I gotta tell ya Glider, I am lovin this bike. It is such a nice ride, around town or down the highway. And now with all of the mentioned additions, it sounds outstanding IMO, and runs real strong. I'm very curious about what kind of numbers it would show on a dyno but not so much so that I want to pay for it yet. Right now I'd rather spend the money on more accessories.

I hear ya there. I had a WG that I went to a 19" front wheel and it handled much better than the 21". I sat on the bob with the fat wheel like yours and if I was looking for another bike, that would be the one.

Thanks for the compliments, I have been very happy. Cuznjed, you asked about the backrest. It is I believe the only one out there right now for the Fat Bob and it's H-D's. It was part of the rider essential's kit for the bike. Med-Low sissy bar, with the standard no frills top stitch pad. Wife says it's comfortable enough so that's all I was concerned with.

Back