free website stats program My Dilema | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My Dilema

Ahem. Well my 3 cents (thru in extra cent to help you thru the 401k stuff). I love the Roadking. I love the streetglide. And if I could build what I want I would have a streetglide with the Speedo etc on the tank where they should be. So i'm slowly making my Roadking into a Streetglide/roadking. HAHAHAHA
So there. That should confuse things even more. LOL :D Ps. it would be a streetglide that had cruise control. (thats about the only option I would really like to have)

If you ever do start travelling you're going to want that Ultra Classic. If it's going to be 4 or 5 years before that happens then dump the Ultra and get that RK. Down the road, when you decide to travel, you can always get another Ultra. JMO

I'll never drive anything other than an Ultra Classic. I absolutely love mine.

For me this would be a no-brainer. Pop for the detachable tour-pack and call it a day. I get the sexiness of the RK, but really, after riding the Ultra which one do you want to ride 3000 miles, 2 up, on?

Let me get this straight .You trade your 07 classic for an 09 ultra but you still miss your road king? I would go with the quick detach and enjoy the ride.

If you think it will rain, it will

I also have a 2009 Ultra that I really love I switched from a Road king that I really loved the problem I have is I could not sell my Road King (it is like a kid) so now I have two bikes.

I have to say that you should go after what you really want. If you want another road king go for it. Don't break the bank of course, but if its somewhat reasonable and that's what you really want then have at it. I found that if I really want something I will never stop thinking about it. If I get something to replace the thing that I have been wanting, ie get a sportster when I really want a street glide, I will always compare what I got to what I really wanted. It's really bothersome, and it will leave you always wondering about what if's and so on. So support america, buy american, and go out their and live a little. If you can afford it, buy a new road king. Don't worry about 10 or 5 years down the road. Live for now! Remember your purchase(s) will effect the economy of tomorrow. Best of luck!

Back