free website stats program My custom handlebars | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

My custom handlebars

99% done. All I have left is to route the Ipod wire. I added an aux input on the back of the radio so I could hide the aux cable in the fairing. didn't want to figure that out yesterday as my window for a test ride was small due to the weather. I love the new bars and I think they really turned out nice. A few pics:D sorry they arent the best I dropped my phone and the camera didnt work at all so I took it appart and re installed the camers on the board and it seems a bit out of focus now:(

Attachments

• IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 56
Finally done. I got all the wires inside the bars including the phone/ gps / and the I pod power wire. I couldn't get the 3.5mm audio cable in the bars. I don't want to see any wires so I came up with an idea. I added a input jack to the back side of the radio and I ran the wire inside the fairing and out the clutch cable. using shrink wrap and some braided black loom from Wirecare (the stuff that looks like braided stainless hose but is black) I was able to snake that wire up to the top of the Ram mount pretty well hidden.

Attachments

• wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 46
Great looking job and the paint looks factory, if the factory painted the inner fairing.

Really like the black bar against the painted inner faring. Great job!!! :a

Back